2023 contract

imjanedoe

banned slut
I've had it. We get the right to bring back any work after 8.5 hours, any and every day we feel like, and I'm willing to strike over it. These over dispatches after their TSP lies has pushed me over the edge.
the trucks get trashed bc of last minute add/cuts and the customer outside waiting for me while I’m trying to find it 🤡 🤡

100%

Nobody's asking for a 9 to 5. I'm asking for them to stop running us at peak hours all year round. Don't pretend like you're ok with it.
You’re part right. We aren’t asking for 9-5, we’re demanding
I'll reply to whatever comments catch my interest and I feel like responding to. If your at work they do own the time they are paying you for that's how you get a paycheck.
Forced OT is modern day slavery. Don’t give me the BS “you get paid”. A work week is 40 hrs not 60.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I am personally ok with the 8.5, but if everyone else is going for 8, count me in.

Forced OT is modern day slavery. Don’t give me the BS “you get paid”. A work week is 40 hrs not 60.

Here's my take, I knew taking this job that it wouldn't be 40, but it rarely went over 45, and at peak DOT HOS was the limit. But peak was confined to a 4 week period. Then it slowly became two months, then 4, then, oh, it's September already? Ok, peak again next month. These shivering critters are just happy to have a job.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

Hopefully this is a good sign nationally as UPS appears to be losing arbitration cases left and right
Guess it was a bad idea, guy
ta0POZ.gif

evilleace

Demand away but what would you honestly forgo to get enough drivers on the road so everyone could have that dispatch?

vvv

I am personally ok with the 8.5, but if everyone else is going for 8, count me in.

Here's my take, I knew taking this job that it wouldn't be 40, but it rarely went over 45, and at peak DOT HOS was the limit. But peak was confined to a 4 week period. Then it slowly became two months, then 4, then, oh, it's September already? Ok, peak again next month. These shivering critters are just happy to have a job.
I am in agreement with you. And I also could never understand why vacations are not permitted during "peak".
All 52 weeks should be made available.....especially nowadays when it's December pretty much year round.

I personally get ample time off between taking my regular vacations and unpaid days, and I don't get hammered with super long days like many others and I'm not really affected by it all. But enough of just "going along with the program" because that's how it's always been.

This company more than ever needs to get the screws tightened on them in a big way. Unfortunately we have too many soft puzzieee :censored2:$$ drivers and also union stewards who don't have the proper male anatomy to see things thru and get things headed in the right direction.
Saddest thing is that most of the wimp drivers I speak of are long term veterans with no guts who have taken pounding after pounding for so many years......and have no backbone to stand up for themselves.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am in agreement with you. And I also could never understand why vacations are not permitted during "peak".
All 52 weeks should be made available.....especially nowadays when it's December pretty much year round.

I personally get ample time off between taking my regular vacations and unpaid days, and I don't get hammered with super long days like many others and I'm not really affected by it all. But enough of just "going along with the program" because that's how it's always been.

This company more than ever needs to get the screws tightened on them in a big way. Unfortunately we have too many soft puzzieee :censored2:$$ drivers and also union stewards who don't have the proper male anatomy to see things thru and get things headed in the right direction.
Saddest thing is that most of the wimp drivers I speak of are long term veterans with no guts who have taken pounding after pounding for so many years......and have no backbone to stand up for themselves.

They don't know better. I feel bad for them, but doubt I can help them.

imjanedoe

banned slut
We deliver cat litter dog food toilet paper diapers…it won’t go backwards. It’s not the same as waiting for a special every other week Mary Kay delivery

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
Safer working environments inside of the building, particularly maintaining egress so no one is playing hopscotch and doing chicken dances and the hokie pokie with a handful of Hello Fresh Boxes.

ManInBrown

The problem with todays package driver, the younger generation is they love PVD’s. Why? Anything to make their life easier. They don’t look at the big picture. I left package for feeders right before PVD’s we’re a thing. I would’ve lost my mind had I been directed to give work to some clown driving a Prius. I would’ve rather worked till 10pm every night and bury them in 9.5 grievances then give one stop to a PVD.