2023 contract

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I've had it. We get the right to bring back any work after 8.5 hours, any and every day we feel like, and I'm willing to strike over it. These over dispatches after their TSP lies has pushed me over the edge.

I've had it. We get the right to bring back any work after 8.5 hours, any and every day we feel like, and I'm willing to strike over it. These over dispatches after their TSP lies has pushed me over the edge.
Things are probably are only changed a little bit.
I still remember being a lucky driver my wife was crying because getting home at 8:00 or 9:00 a night.
He really does suck sometimes but we are fortunate

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Things are probably are only changed a little bit.
I still remember being a lucky driver my wife was crying because getting home at 8:00 or 9:00 a night.
He really does suck sometimes but we are fortunate

Nah, we shouldn't have to sacrifice our personal lives just to get a decent wage. It's been a slow creep. They keep taking a little more, and a little more. I never had to work after dark until the end of October before, but it's happening multiple times a week in the summer now. Unacceptable. It's time we took control of our lives back and stop telling ourselves how lucky we are to have an employer who has zero respect for our personal lives.

Nah, we shouldn't have to sacrifice our personal lives just to get a decent wage. It's been a slow creep. They keep taking a little more, and a little more. I never had to work after dark until the end of October before, but it's happening multiple times a week in the summer now. Unacceptable. It's time we took control of our lives back and stop telling ourselves how lucky we are to have an employer who has zero respect for our personal lives.
Trust me I've done it for a long time

It's not 9 to 5:00 job nor are we going to have air condition trucks

evilleace

I can do the math that 1/2 hr is negligible. I agree you shouldn't be working until dark in July or any time outside Nov. to Jan. But language to bring back stops after 8.5 would cause a disaster with the lazier drivers laying down just to bring stops back.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It does not matter if I like it or not
This is what this job entails

No different from part-timers expecting to make a full-time wage if not what the job is either

It's what the job used to entail from the Monday after thanksgiving until Christmas eve. The company decided it wanted that all year, and you guys rolled over and showed your yellow bellies. Now we take back our lives with the next contract and stop simping for the company.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I can do the math that 1/2 hr is negligible.
It's not. You also have to add in the half hour lunch, with a 915 start time, we're looking at a 615 punch out every day you want it. That's nor asking too much.

I agree you shouldn't be working until dark in July or any time outside Nov. to Jan. But language to bring back stops after 8.5 would cause a disaster with the lazier drivers laying down just to bring stops back.

Tough. Anyone who wants the OT can volunteer. They know what an 8.5 hour day should be. And they have been lying about it forever, and saying It's only 6hrs. Now It's time for some pay back.

evilleace

It's what the job used to entail from the Monday after thanksgiving until Christmas eve. The company decided it wanted that all year, and you guys rolled over and showed your yellow bellies. Now we take back our lives with the next contract and stop simping for the company.
I didn't roll over and neither did most of us thanks for the generalization. I still have my life and so do. File your 9.5s.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I didn't roll over and neither did most of us thanks for the generalization. I still have my life and so do. File your 9.5s.

That was to gumby. He has a very wiggly spine when it comes to strike talk. You shouldn't insert yourself into a conversation, unless the shoe fits. I do file my 9.5's. Company thinks they own our time just because they pay for it. Time for that to end.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS just signed a deal with Boeing for 8 new 767 Freighter jets at 220.3 million each. Last year they ordered 17 of them . Sorry guys-no money left over for air-conditioning.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
UPS just signed a deal with Boeing for 8 new 767 Freighter jets at 220.3 million each. Last year they ordered 17 of them . Sorry guys-no money left over for air-conditioning.

Good news! There is enough for funerals for the guys who die of heat stroke on the job. Well, flowers. Well, a flower. Well, a card printed on the office in jet printer signed by two managers

evilleace

That was to gumby. He has a very wiggly spine when it comes to strike talk. You shouldn't insert yourself into a conversation, unless the shoe fits. I do file my 9.5's. Company thinks they own our time just because they pay for it. Time for that to end.

I'll reply to whatever comments catch my interest and I feel like responding to. If your at work they do own the time they are paying you for that's how you get a paycheck.