2023 contract

The problem with todays package driver, the younger generation is they love PVD’s. Why? Anything to make their life easier. They don’t look at the big picture. I left package for feeders right before PVD’s we’re a thing. I would’ve lost my mind had I been directed to give work to some clown driving a Prius. I would’ve rather worked till 10pm every night and bury them in 9.5 grievances then give one stop to a PVD.
They don't realize that they are trying to outsource their own jobs.

I still remember my first route.
My first stop was a big high-rise building
They had two receivers to handle everything I brought in usually around 100 packages.

They did not want to take them anymore they wanted me to take them room to room.

So can you guess what happened the short time later?

They eliminated their positions

clean hairy

"Work week for drivers shall be 5 days per week"
A 6th day of work shall be on a voluntary basis"
No discipline shall be invoked against any employee not wishing to work a 6th punch"
Get the union to negotiate it into the contract.
Those who want a 6th punch are welcome to work it, those who do not cannot be required to do so.

"Work week for drivers shall be 5 days per week"
A 6th day of work shall be on a voluntary basis"
No discipline shall be invoked against any employee not wishing to work a 6th punch"
Get the union to negotiate it into the contract.
Those who want a 6th punch are welcome to work it, those who do not cannot be required to do so.
A sixth punch should be automatic double time forced or not

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
The problem with todays package driver, the younger generation is they love PVD’s. Why? Anything to make their life easier. They don’t look at the big picture. I left package for feeders right before PVD’s we’re a thing. I would’ve lost my mind had I been directed to give work to some clown driving a Prius. I would’ve rather worked till 10pm every night and bury them in 9.5 grievances then give one stop to a PVD.
It's a double edged sword for sure and there really is no way to implement a system like that without violating the contract. But rather than giving the work to the PVD drivers, the company could give that work to PT drivers and it would accomplish the same goal but it would be work given to union members from within. Now to be clear, I don't have an issue with you PVD guys personally you are just working as directed, but the PVD position itself is a problem that is hurting the company and screwing those with seniority.

imjanedoe

banned slut
It's a double edged sword for sure and there really is no way to implement a system like that without violating the contract. But rather than giving the work to the PVD drivers, the company could give that work to PT drivers and it would accomplish the same goal but it would be work given to union members from within. Now to be clear, I don't have an issue with you PVD guys personally you are just working as directed, but the PVD position itself is a problem that is hurting the company and screwing those with seniority.
Pvd for the inside ppl that have the cars to do it, on car driver helper for those that don’t so everyone gets a fair chance. If you don’t want on car help for OT relief then split it another way

**Of course it goes without saying . Better pay 💰

Last edited:

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
OR PROPERLY IMPLEMENT 22.4 AS A COMBO JOB

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
All I'm saying is it's give and take. As much as you may not like it.

I agree, we've given too much over the years, and they've taken and taken. I'm gonna really like taking a lot back.

4fd9203c-40a9-4f15-b2b7-1b79ddfbd7ee_text.gif

100%

I am personally ok with the 8.5, but if everyone else is going for 8, count me in.

Here's my take, I knew taking this job that it wouldn't be 40, but it rarely went over 45, and at peak DOT HOS was the limit. But peak was confined to a 4 week period. Then it slowly became two months, then 4, then, oh, it's September already? Ok, peak again next month. These shivering critters are just happy to have a job.
One thing I like to point out, atleast where I am, is not only we’re we forced to work over 10 and 11, but we lost an hour from our start times. Although the hours have gone down some, we haven’t got that hour back. Why are UPS trucks not on the road by 8-8:30am. Routinely routes aren’t delivering until 10am.

100%

All I'm saying is it's give and take. As much as you may not like it.
Shouldn’t be this time. When was the last good contract that members talked about? Maybe 97? What happened then? 🧐 If that’s what it takes, I’m there. #feettothepavement is the only way we get what we want. It’s that simple.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Shouldn’t be this time. When was the last good contract that members talked about? Maybe 97? What happened then? 🧐 If that’s what it takes, I’m there. #feettothepavement is the only way we get what we want. It’s that simple.

Sometimes just the threat of a strike is all you need. That doesn't work as well when we have jelly spines in here posting about being afraid to strike.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Sometimes It's just the threat of a strike is all you need. That doesn't work as well when we have jelly spines in here posting about being afraid to strike.
I believe if we have a credible strike threat this time which I believe we will, likely won’t be necessary. Too much is happening in the world and Labor is scarce the company is not quite prepared. The next contract could be quite different.