2023 contract

BrownJava

A COLA that is variable to 5.0% to 7.5%, no more fixed rates. An average increase of 10usd increase across the board in all areas including PT. Brown has been doing "retention" bonus' in the neighborhood of 125-300usd for years now. So we need to ask for the same and better in contract talks. And how about honoring seniority by asking for another 5-10usd once we make it to 10yrs. Why not every 10yrs. Reward longevity, reward service, reward commitment.

Pullman Brown

Actually I haven't had to fill in for too many delivery drivers this year outside of a few blown out pick ups and shuttle LIB's out to drivers. Did work 13 hours Friday delivering LIB's but mostly just delivering NDA in the AM and car wash. I might hit $90k this year if I have a busy Peak plus my Army pension. Work a few Saturdays delivering NDA at OT rate.

Does nobody in your building file a grievance for all the work you get?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But yet you think if I go and help a delivery driver out of a jamb I am causing a nation wide driver shortage. You are loosing it.
strawman2.jpg

MostHelpNeeded

A COLA that is variable to 5.0% to 7.5%, no more fixed rates. An average increase of 10usd increase across the board in all areas including PT. Brown has been doing "retention" bonus' in the neighborhood of 125-300usd for years now. So we need to ask for the same and better in contract talks. And how about honoring seniority by asking for another 5-10usd once we make it to 10yrs. Why not every 10yrs. Reward longevity, reward service, reward commitment.
This, This right here. I wish more people thought like you. The middle class is dying, it has been my whole life. I'm half way through a career here, and all I've seen are givebacks. Little by little, with meager raises to make up for it. All the while, corporate profits have soared. It's not just us, it's every industry. I've never seen a better time in my lifetime for a labor movement...all workers need it, and we, as the biggest union and largest single employer union in the country should be starting it.

I wish more people thought like you.

Karma...

if you think a raise is less than inflation you really should think again......to make $$$ invest in a good stock (s) not work for an hourly wage.....just don't kill the golden goose (ups) with dumb contract demands