2023 contract

The amount of outrage you inspire on this forum for merely being a successful long term part time employee is really quite a sight to behold. Bravo sir
All I ever do is fill in whenever a FT delivery driver or 22.4 is having a bad day. One day a new drivers wife was going into labor and I stepped in so he could be with her. Most appreciate it and a few turn it down. Would you rather have a management person step in and perform Union work? Our management team is perfectly happy sitting in the office playing on their phone all day rather then having to cover a route they never saw before. I can't understand why these supposedly pro Union members would rather see management cover a route than a dues paying Union member.

The amount of outrage you inspire on this forum for merely being a successful long term part time employee is really quite a sight to behold. Bravo sir
10 years ago or more when management would cover for missing delivery drivers the Union stepped in and said if management is going to run a route they had to have a PT or FT Union member ride with them and pay them top driver rate. I learned so much that now management would rather use me then one of them having to leave the office. The only reason I pick up extra work is because of the Union contract.

Teamlifer95

You are out of touch with the current reality of UPS if you think 4 hours a day is common inside these days.
I couldn't tell you the last time here in North Carolina that we worked 4 hours or less...not complaining; job security. But we need better updated language for PT employees. This is NOT the old UPS we're working for any longer, so why do we have the same language for the PT ers?.

I couldn't tell you the last time here in North Carolina that we worked 4 hours or less...not complaining; job security. But we need better updated language for PT employees. This is NOT the old UPS we're working for any longer, so why do we have the same language for the PT ers?.
Because it allows UPS to pay minimum wages and no benefits to FT Union members who are classified as PT.

Thebrownblob

Because it allows UPS to pay minimum wages and no benefits to FT Union members who are classified as PT.
Minimum wage? Even at 15 that’s not minimum wage. It’s not enough but not minimum. Pay 21 here so clearly they can do more. No benefits? Unless they’re under nine months everyone gets benefits. next contract should push more full-time inside jobs as well.

Minimum wage? Even at 15 that’s not minimum wage. It’s not enough but not minimum. Pay 21 here so clearly they can do more. No benefits? Unless they’re under nine months everyone gets benefits. next contract should push more full-time inside jobs as well.
$15/hr is the government contractor minimum wage. UPS is classified as a government contractor.

100%

Tell that to the 22.4 delivery drivers working 50 to 60 hours week making less than a high seniority PT. They never hit top rate because they burn out in a few years. Maybe FT delivery drivers should take a pay cut because they have all of these great benefits. $25/hr sounds about right.
What center are you PT Supervisor of? No teamster is wanting coworkers to take a pay cut. So dumb. I wish I had known 20 years ago that I would burn out after a few years. Smh

100%

if you think a raise is less than inflation you really should think again......to make $$$ invest in a good stock (s) not work for an hourly wage.....just don't kill the golden goose (ups) with dumb contract demands
Management trying to get off topic? Talking about investing in stocks? Smh let’s hope UPS doesn’t kill UPS with its dumb contract concessions. Sorry but you can go back and tell your boss that UPS gonna pay!!!!

100%

Because PTs don’t vote. End of story. They complain, but don’t vote.

Yolo

Biden shut down the railroad strike.

Biden negotiated a deal between management and the union to temporarily avoid a strike. The union Still has to vote on it. They haven't yet fyi.

Bernie Sanders blocked a Republican backed bill that would force the union to accept the recommendations of Congress.

Biden negotiated a deal between management and the union to temporarily avoid a strike. The union Still has to vote on it. They haven't yet fyi.

Bernie Sanders blocked a Republican backed bill that would force the union to accept the recommendations of Congress.
That is become Republicans are pro management and anti labor.