2023 contract

What'dyabringmetoday???

Let’s get real... they been doing that for over 40 years. It could be that when the Company started to go for an all part time workforce the Union let them ... remember back in the day the part timers paid full Union dues same as a full timer...the International at that time may of been looking at collecting 2 or 3 times dues by working 2 or 3 part timers in what should of been a full time position.. it bite them in their asses later on.
I would imagine if we took a look at how the money gets wasted, I mean spent, at the international it would become quite evident that things could be streamlined. Get rid of the waste and dues could be lowered. Obviously this will never happen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
if you think a raise is less than inflation you really should think again......to make $$$ invest in a good stock (s) not work for an hourly wage.....just don't kill the golden goose (ups) with dumb contract demands
This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read. If raises aren’t even keeping up inflation how do you expect people to have money to invest numb nuts?

Inflation 9%

Raise 3%

Corporate profits up 80%

Dividend payouts up 100%.

But yeah sure asking for a descent raise and our share of the profits is gonna sink the company. Lmao right

MostHelpNeeded

This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read. If raises aren’t even keeping up inflation how do you expect people to have money to invest numb nuts?

Inflation 9%

Raise 3%

Corporate profits up 80%

Dividend payouts up 100%.

But yeah sure asking for a descent raise and our share of the profits is gonna sink the company. Lmao right
Where I am, a driver can no longer qualify for a mortgage at the median house price. Not even close. I'm sure that is the case for a lot of places. Too much money. I'm not talking afford, I'm talking qualify. We all know the banks will lend more than you can really afford. Entry level crap at $350k.

Anyone who's been here a while, think about when you bought your first house. I'm sure you qualified for more than you spent, and had your pick of properties. I'm not talking lavish, just normal, middle class house. Just not the case anymore.

I know there's bigger issues at play, and it's not the whole story, but it's one example...and it's an example of what happens when raises don't keep up with inflation.

Yeah, if you've been at it a while, you can probably make it work as your income recedes little by little. But if you're at the beginning, well...good luck.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Where I am, a driver can no longer qualify for a mortgage at the median house price. Not even close. I'm sure that is the case for a lot of places. Too much money. I'm not talking afford, I'm talking qualify. We all know the banks will lend more than you can really afford. Entry level crap at $350k.
Well they could have at the beginning of the year. Not so much now with interest rates over 6%.

JimboStar

I mean my wife and I can still qualify for a house here on my preload pay, and my wifes 30k teachers salary-with current interest rates. I know I live in a relatively average area. Now can we afford a big house no. But a smaller fixer upper yes. The average home in my town is selling for 420k.
It has taken us a few years to save and invest-while I am doing college and now grad school. But it is very much possible. I agree that it is a lot harder than it was a even a decade ago but still doable.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
@MECH-lift SUCK IT
Screenshot_20220924-104003_Drive.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Mortgage interest rates have been 6% or higher most of my life.
I'm aware, but I was responding to a young driver talking about first time home buying.

They've been under 6% for 15 years and home prices reflect that. Housing inflation has been close to double CPI because of loose government monetary policies. Great for my home's value but not so much for new owners who didn't get that equity boost.