22.2 bid

wage EARNER

When a 22.2 job is bid, what is the pecking order for classifications. 22.2 gets first shot, then, does it go up to all full-time employees or does it go to 22.3 employees before package car driver? Central States here.

542thruNthru

When a 22.2 job is bid, what is the pecking order for classifications. 22.2 gets first shot, then, does it go up to all full-time employees or does it go to 22.3 employees before package car driver? Central States here.

Have you read Article 3 section 8 of the Central region?

It might be what you're looking for but @BigUnionGuy could probably point you in the right direction or maybe even @PT Car Washer since he is a 22.2 I believe.

Have you read Article 3 section 8 of the Central region?

It might be what you're looking for but @BigUnionGuy could probably point you in the right direction or maybe even @PT Car Washer since he is a 22.2 I believe.
I am not a 22.2 employee. I am PT Car Washer. This issue has came up in my building when a FT car washer wanted to bid into a porter job. The job went to a FT Feeder driver who had more FT seniority. Currently we have had a FT car washer job vacant since last April because the Union says it should go to a PT person because it was the third in a series. I have a feeling it will not be settled before Nov 1st and the company will wait until after Peak to fill the position.

542thruNthru

I am not a 22.2 employee. I am PT Car Washer. This issue has came up in my building when a FT car washer wanted to bid into a porter job. The job went to a FT Feeder driver who had more FT seniority. Currently we have had a FT car washer job vacant since last April because the Union says it should go to a PT person because it was the third in a series. I have a feeling it will not be settled before Nov 1st and the company will wait until after Peak to fill the position.

Whoops. I thought you were a 22.2

Thanks

Turdferguson

Just a turd
First the bid is open by classification, then it's open to everyone

Job classification
In my building the Union said Porters and Car washers were separate jobs even though they are both 22.2 jobs. Gave the job to an old Feeder driver who is way past 70 now and collecting Social Security and his pension and his 40 hour Union paycheck to clean the toilets and urinals. Most likely the highest UPS paid employee in the state.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If it is like the Atlantic,first to 22.2, then all FT

Yep.

Currently we have had a FT car washer job vacant since last April because the Union says it should go to a PT person because it was the third in a series.

Never heard of anything like that.

Little bit of both.In the Atlantic,22.2 pays the Driver rare of pay. 22.2 FT car wash is about 1.50 below Driver rate. Been an inside 22.2 for the last 16 years

In my State (Central) inside 22.2 jobs pay $1.69 less than driver rate and any

22.2 sorters or preloaders would make $.30 more than that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So a PT sorter makes more per hour then a FT sorter?

Your question confuses me.

I don't know of any 22.2 sorting positions anymore. In my Local, the limited

number of 22.2 jobs are mainly clerk and irreg positions. I seriously doubt there

are any red circled (pre 82) sorters left either.

number of 22.2 jobs are mainly clerk and irreg positions. I seriously doubt there

Only 22.2 jobs in my building are Porters and car washers. We still have a handful of red circle PT left. Sort of hard to give up a PT job paying $37/hr with benefits and 7 weeks vacation a year.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

We have about 4 or 5 left here that are pre 82