22.3 Employment Update

Red Dawn

don't give up...one thing about my combo is that it has a lot of strong fighters. if local is keeping u in dark...do like we did call national. Got call back friday.

did yall loss vol. or did they move planes? Our midnight moved to wordport. they can now take 15 more planes. and still growing

I'mTheMan

don't give up...one thing about my combo is that it has a lot of strong fighters. if local is keeping u in dark...do like we did call national. Got call back friday.

did yall loss vol. or did they move planes? Our midnight moved to wordport. they can now take 15 more planes. and still growing

Wondering, what did national has to say about on your case?

We do have STRONG 2 day and 3 day volume here and BFI only had 3 planes on sunrise in and out and twilight have 3 planes with in and out too. I told the union last week that UPS is simply relocating the volumes to elsewhere and making the BFI's numbers looked good on low volumes to make 31 of get layoff of it. The union told me that the company have the right to take away the volumes and relocate it elsewhere. I think that's wrong because it take away our jobs. Right now I havn't got a look at BFI for almost 4 months so trying to find answers on this. I strongly believe that we will get more volumes later this year since we're getting new president on tuesday and he'll get right to work. His main focus is economy and jobs so we'll see what happens but I'll be watching if this is true or not.

drewed

Shankman
Most sorts outside of a few very large hubs are runout sorts, lets say SDF on a normal night maxs out at 200k per night (i know its more just bear with me), the m-w they do 210k t&friend they do 205 so out of a million max packages they sent out 1,040,000 because of the the 40k extra packages that they couldnt properly sort they build runout sorts in hubs A & B...Now if volume drops to 200k per night theres no need for the other 2 sorts and theyre not moving volume.

Red Dawn

national left msg....in short aware of ups layoff across U.S. And put call into our local union. which has president of southern region in our local. Have to say this time union looking good. they seem to be behind us on this one. think because the language is so clear on this in contract. Along with court judge ruling a few yrs ago. the grievance are stacking up although we have to wait till this takes affect on feb 13.

i understand ups moving vol to make profit..as bad is it is they have to compete and make profit at same time...Or no one will have a job. also i don't know if its an opp. for u but you can go w vol. if over 75miles company will pay for moving.

this is the worst time ever for ups to be doing this...i know that they have been working on these moves for years...it takes a long time to figure out all the moves. one hub move effects several other hubs..and i bet in all the planing they didn't see dhl pulling out...as fast as they did..i know we were in talks this time last yr to move dhl's vol. on our air planes.(like we do w fedex) and sort in our hubs just not del.
This was our golden opportunity to grab the 7% of the market that dhl had. we had got 10million dollars of new contracts in our district in the first week of dec...we were all out grabbing new costumers all over. we got wallmart&sam vision center.. del. 2 boxes to each of them every sat at all walmarts and sams. and fedex drs know about what going on in our area...what do u think they are going to tell customers...just like when its contract time

Oh and i found out this morning they have yet anther bid list out today..and not letting anyone that has already been called up re-pick....although i also heard they are going start all over tomorrow..stick that just got txt ie doesn't think they have to redo list lol

You are the union...keep calling..ask what they are doing...and then ask all the sups what they are being told....the truth is most likely some where in middle

and one more fun fact...i was told can only pick from 2 pt jobs that work on same day. found out this weekend 2 other combo works were alowed a sun-thr.one shift and m-friend on other..was told not allowed due to 6th report..

caspers1

[FONT=&quot]back bldg jobs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] console[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] overgoods[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] automotive carwash (painter)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] automotive parts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ramp can checker[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] pilot driver[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]scale houses[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Forklift driver and freight handler which originated from our building. Scale house checker for wieghts coming from or to planes, trailor and container checker, Feeder department goes out and checks trailors for volume. The guys that are currently gathering pallets which are the mexicans who do it can be filed for more jobs. They gather pallets from trailors and stack them on the back side of carwash. Back Pay!! We can file for those jobs as contractors doing union jobs and get back pay for the entire time they did the jobs and file an order with border patrol to check if they are legal and security checked [/FONT]

I'mTheMan

national left msg....in short aware of ups layoff across U.S. And put call into our local union. which has president of southern region in our local. Have to say this time union looking good. they seem to be behind us on this one. think because the language is so clear on this in contract. Along with court judge ruling a few yrs ago. the grievance are stacking up although we have to wait till this takes affect on feb 13.

i understand ups moving vol to make profit..as bad is it is they have to compete and make profit at same time...Or no one will have a job. also i don't know if its an opp. for u but you can go w vol. if over 75miles company will pay for moving.

this is the worst time ever for ups to be doing this...i know that they have been working on these moves for years...it takes a long time to figure out all the moves. one hub move effects several other hubs..and i bet in all the planing they didn't see dhl pulling out...as fast as they did..i know we were in talks this time last yr to move dhl's vol. on our air planes.(like we do w fedex) and sort in our hubs just not del.
This was our golden opportunity to grab the 7% of the market that dhl had. we had got 10million dollars of new contracts in our district in the first week of dec...we were all out grabbing new costumers all over. we got wallmart&sam vision center.. del. 2 boxes to each of them every sat at all walmarts and sams. and fedex drs know about what going on in our area...what do u think they are going to tell customers...just like when its contract time

Oh and i found out this morning they have yet anther bid list out today..and not letting anyone that has already been called up re-pick....although i also heard they are going start all over tomorrow..stick that just got txt ie doesn't think they have to redo list lol

You are the union...keep calling..ask what they are doing...and then ask all the sups what they are being told....the truth is most likely some where in middle

and one more fun fact...i was told can only pick from 2 pt jobs that work on same day. found out this weekend 2 other combo works were alowed a sun-thr.one shift and m-friend on other..was told not allowed due to 6th report..

Red Dawn, I'm pretty much speechless but sounds like your union may have a winner to fight this on this clear contract! I like your fighting theme going on but it shouldn't get rid of all 22.3 's in your area since your seniority 22.3's are protected since it's on clear contract, right? Our contract are clear and we're supposed to be protected, staying full time but UPS went ahead and broke the contract. Since can't report anything till Feb 13th? As for us, we can't wait to hear the vote count on Jan 30th. I felt pretty scary but hoping positive to turn out if we get our full time job back from what I heard today as scheduled February 20th. That is when we get our job back if the vote count "YES" succeed. If not, then there's the bad news out of the freezing oranges crops! :)

I'mTheMan

Most sorts outside of a few very large hubs are runout sorts, lets say SDF on a normal night maxs out at 200k per night (i know its more just bear with me), the m-w they do 210k t&friend they do 205 so out of a million max packages they sent out 1,040,000 because of the the 40k extra packages that they couldnt properly sort they build runout sorts in hubs A & B...Now if volume drops to 200k per night theres no need for the other 2 sorts and theyre not moving volume.

Interesting. However, I never been to SDF but I know that SDF is the world largest UPS airport hub there. I mean they're running 24/7 right? So someday I like to see how SDF runs the system there someday and I know It's huge and split volume to many other airport out there.

redshift1

The economic downturn will trump the longevity of the 22.3 jobs whether its fair or not. When full time drivers are being laid off then 22.3 are sure to follow.

Red Dawn

The economic downturn will trump the longevity of the 22.3 jobs whether its fair or not. When full time drivers are being laid off then 22.3 are sure to follow.

i fully agree...but what do u think about this..22.3 employees being "layed off" so they can make them take only ****s w 3-4hrs between them...not posting all pt time jobs so we can see opp... calling pt employees to go package when "laying off" 22.3..NO BS!! we have had 6 differnt list..and u have to bid on the spot and if new bid list came up...well ie said to bad u already pick...."i don't have time to keep starting over" I do hate to enconveince THEM! and i missed it yesterday but got to see it today..they are taking 4 pters from our hub to go work at 2 differnt hubs for package...Lay off ok...i got the economic downturn..although are vol is up! (DLH)

This is a move that has been in the works for allllong time...get ride of 22.3.. i understand whats happing to our night sort...from a buisness point..got to make profit if i want to get paid. This isn't a layoff for all, but a way to reclasify us as articale 40 employees. Air hub gate way. this will allow the company to take 8hr gaurntee away, along wiht no more than an hr between jobs...and most of all....our pay..back to part time pay.

may want to check your to see if tcd is doing ur work

Red Dawn

Red Dawn, I'm pretty much speechless but sounds like your union may have a winner to fight this on this clear contract! I like your fighting theme going on but it shouldn't get rid of all 22.3 's in your area since your seniority 22.3's are protected since it's on clear contract, right? Our contract are clear and we're supposed to be protected, staying full time but UPS went ahead and broke the contract. Since can't report anything till Feb 13th? As for us, we can't wait to hear the vote count on Jan 30th. I felt pretty scary but hoping positive to turn out if we get our full time job back from what I heard today as scheduled February 20th. That is when we get our job back if the vote count "YES" succeed. If not, then there's the bad news out of the freezing oranges crops! :)

if they haven't given a Full list of All pt time jobs available at ur hub..you need to file now!! Request to see list to make sure no one if jr to you and got the job u wanted. File now. call national and speak your mind. that's what u pay dues..lol Unions have a bad rap..times like this is why they are a must. I guess this will be a test to see if they stand or fall. Next panel is to meet Feb.2-5 Florida GOOD LUCK

Red Dawn

article 40 covers air drivers not hub employees....[/quote
article 40 does...air hub workers do NOT have 3 1/2 guarantees nor do they get a 15min. brake. oh and DO NOT get extra dollar an hr. like ground opp do.. But if you work on our preload or twlight hub witch we run ground on your are entitled to it. at same time as preload we have our sunrise opp. handles air/ and on twl we have air also running.

bellesmom

See what you dont realize is most states have a minimum paid hours and have mandatory breaks after a certain time

See Drewed what you don't understand is AIR Hubs don't follow state rules on breaks and paid hours..they are under TSA, FAA, DOT & every other acronym for a Federal Agency involved with Air. A measily 15 minute break after 3 hours of work is not mandatory nor given at DFW.

bellesmom

See what you dont realize is most states have a minimum paid hours and have mandatory breaks after a certain time

State mandatory breaks are things we USED to have in Dallas before we moved to DFW..I know this one cold..we lost our break doing same jobs, same times, same everything except at the Airport

Red Dawn

i am aware of states minimum paid hours and breaks. lmao!
let me help you. both shifts, air/ground, run same hrs.
also i am fully aware of article 40. from when i was a partimer and most of all when we got our combos in 1999. yes i know theystarted making in 1998 and they had to pay back pay. when we first got combo we signed a bid list that intell job and pay was to be at 17.50 w/i 2yrs progresion...ok 3months later we got pulled in a meeting as was told that there was NO langue to what COMBO workers were to be paid..We then were informed that we are under artcle 40 witch only has part time pay...all he had to say take it or quit!! mind you alot of us had just quite our fultime jobs to make ups our fultime job..3 panals a year and half later mediator ruled on ups behalf..6months later new contract added langue to cover us. well should i say inside inside jobs..inside out side jobs would still get split pay. Drive pay half day and part time air hub pay inside..

If you have any ?'s on air hub/gateway employees i'm more than will to help you. :happy2: