22.3 Full-time senority vs Part-time with more years.

brown_trousers

At my location 22.3 dove tail into the sort in seniority order PT/FT even for vacation. Their replacement is pulled from the PT ranks, so 22.3 on vacation only affects the PT ranks.
The FT drivers filed for this because 22.3 kept blacking out weeks for the regular package drivers but they are not part of their operation.
Im curious if there is any contract language to support them dovetailing their seniority in your supplement or riders. I believe over here, there is language about endtailing seniority when accepting a bid.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I believe that would be a different issue. It sounds like the OP is talking about the bid to become a FT ground driver. The same bid that part timers sign to become a FT driver.
Yeah it is a different issue, they brought it up though. The reason I addressed it was to simply show how differently certain regions handle things. In this area, FT jobs are either "FT only can bid on this job" or part-time only. However if no FT people are qualified or want the job and it is FT only bid, I believe the next highest seniority part-time can get it. And reverse; if it is part-time only and no part-time wants it (unlikely), a FT can put their name up and get it.

PT Car Washer

That is a local practice. Here, no part-timer is going to bump a FT 22.3 off vacation. I pick before 30 year part-timers. Also, according to the contract, unless you have a specific bid (you are bidding start times and/or route), no one can pick a specific load or unit..you are put where you put. The only language says "age and physical condition will be considered", nothing about seniority. Also, any preferred job should go to a part-timer, given the 22.3 already has one "preferred" job half. However, no part-timer is going to bump a FT off of their preferred job.
Our vacations are picked by classification. PT pick among the PT ranks, drivers pick among the drivers and 22.3 pick among themselves.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our vacations are picked by classification. PT pick among the PT ranks, drivers pick among the drivers and 22.3 pick among themselves.
Yeah we did that for a long time and I think in most cases it still happens; but recently there have been too many conflicts in some parts of the operation (not all), there is just one list and FT picks first, high seniority PT later.

IIRC there was a thread about it months ago.