22.3 job

Hey there,

I am a ft coverage driver at present, I have recently started thinking about a 22.3 job. One of the biggest reasons is that I started driving late, 41 yrs old. I know I'm going to have to be at UPS another 23 yrs before retirement. Bringing home 750.00 a week as opposed to 1k is no big deal for me. I am thinking more of longevity here. Would appreciate some vets input on this. Thanks.

PT Car Washer

I guess it depends on the 22.3 jobs. Some are laid back. And some are working like a PTer for 8 hours straight. With a 19 year old sup telling you to "pick it up".

Seniority? Probally not...been with the company right at six and a half yrs. Talking to some guys who have been 22.3 for years at my hub, and they love it. Make decent money, and some of them have another gig to make more income when they leave at noon. Yes I have heard that the higher seniority drivers jump on them quickly. Like I said, im starting to think more long term for myself. Even as a young driver I can see it is not going to get any easier for the ft pc driver. And I do not need 90k to live well.

PT Car Washer

Seniority? Probally not...been with the company right at six and a half yrs. Talking to some guys who have been 22.3 for years at my hub, and they love it. Make decent money, and some of them have another gig to make more income when they leave at noon. Yes I have heard that the higher seniority drivers jump on them quickly. Like I said, im starting to think more long term for myself. Even as a young driver I can see it is not going to get any easier for the ft pc driver. And I do not need 90k to live well.
Big pay cut.

Car wash...
Im at 28.05 now. That would change that much? I know 22.3's that bring home over 700.00 every week. I just dont have enough knowledge about the position...need to learn alot more about the positive and negatives. Like I said earlier...just now have started thinking about such a move.

I think I need to let you all know I havent experienced the big money you all talk about. I rarely ever drive five days a week. So for me to have a job bringing in 700 plus every week is big for me. I have not gotten used to 1k plus weeks yet. What im sayin is how can I miss the money if I havent really made it yet?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I really like my current 22.3 job, but it depends what shift and particular job/work area you are in. I've got around 8 years FT seniority. Is your building a small one with only local sort/preload, or is it a 24 hour hub? That would affect my decision if I were you.
On my current job, the management is generally terrible (systematic), the people (mostly PT) are absolutely miserable and do the least amount as possible (rightfully so, given morale), but the job itself is pretty good. But this is preload, other shifts are much more friendly and run smoother. Plus I make 65k or so.

:)

Sleeve,
The 22.3's I have talked with come in at 3:00 am and are gone by noon. 65k would work just fine with me. Especially when I would have time to work something else after I get off. I work at a pretty large hub. Probally second in size next to OKC hub.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sleeve,
The 22.3's I have talked with come in at 3:00 am and are gone by noon. 65k would work just fine with me. Especially when I would have time to work something else after I get off. I work at a pretty large hub. Probally second in size next to OKC hub.

You've been with the company 6 years so your inside rate would be $15 an hour then whatever air top rate is for 2-3 hours a day. Do the math.

townes

Good pay + same pension as the guys running around like a chicken without a head = WINNING

package car driving is simply not worth the $ anymore
Best move you could ever make