22.4 6 days off peak

PPH_over_9000

So hey, I've got a question about this. I volunteered to be on-call for Monday, right? As a Tues-Sat 22.4, would Monday count as my 6th day or, if I work Monday, would Saturday be my 6th day?

I'm just curious which day would warrant the OT pay rate. I'm assuming it would be Monday but I can't help but think that, if I work on Monday, Saturday would technically be my 6th day of the work week. *I know I should've asked a supe' before I clocked out today, but it didn't even cross my mind until I was reading this thread.*

So hey, I've got a question about this. I volunteered to be on-call for Monday, right? As a T-Sat 22.4, would Monday count as my 6th day or, if I work Monday, would Saturday be my 6th day?

I'm just curious which day would warrant the OT pay rate. I'm assuming it would be Monday but I can't help but think that, if I work on Monday, Saturday would technically be my 6th day of the work week.
Monday would be your 7th.....double-time, fool!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So hey, I've got a question about this. I volunteered to be on-call for Monday, right? As a Tues-Sat 22.4, would Monday count as my 6th day or, if I work Monday, would Saturday be my 6th day?

I'm just curious which day would warrant the OT pay rate. I'm assuming it would be Monday but I can't help but think that, if I work on Monday, Saturday would technically be my 6th day of the work week.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I love a good thread hijacking...

I'm back in.

tenor.gif

Zurion

My best advice would be to talk to your steward or BA, if you can. Do what you can handle, in your local.

I am also a 22.4, and most 22.4s in my center have been working 6 days a week for the past 5 weeks or so. While we're "full time" we're not RPCDs, so in my case the local does not go to bat for us the same way they do for RPCDs. It may not be the way it's supposed to work, but it's the way it is here. I cannot change that.

My advice is do what you can handle. If you think that their discipline threat is all theatre, then call out Monday or just don't show up or whatever. But if your union leadership isn't going to bat for you, then you may want to just suck it up, work the extra day, and sign every RPCD bid sheet you can. That's where I am, but I have a year or so to go. I'll be working Monday morning, that's for sure.

KOG72

I’m full of it
My center Sups are trying to make 22.4s work this Monday (prime day). And are threatening severe discipline. A: do we have to work?
B: Can they discipline us?
My thoughts on this prime day crap is,if they want to have all of these sales/deals then throw all of that crap on those little blue vans and let those peckerheads deliver them.

charm299

My center Sups are trying to make 22.4s work this Monday (prime day). And are threatening severe discipline. A: do we have to work?
B: Can they discipline us?
The master says 22.4 are on a 5 day schedule that article supersedes all other articles in any other supplements. Tell them to go friend@@@ themselves

charm299

My best advice would be to talk to your steward or BA, if you can. Do what you can handle, in your local.

I am also a 22.4, and most 22.4s in my center have been working 6 days a week for the past 5 weeks or so. While we're "full time" we're not RPCDs, so in my case the local does not go to bat for us the same way they do for RPCDs. It may not be the way it's supposed to work, but it's the way it is here. I cannot change that.

My advice is do what you can handle. If you think that their discipline threat is all theatre, then call out Monday or just don't show up or whatever. But if your union leadership isn't going to bat for you, then you may want to just suck it up, work the extra day, and sign every RPCD bid sheet you can. That's where I am, but I have a year or so to go. I'll be working Monday morning, that's for sure.
Our local is weak as hell but the one thing they stand up for us is they won’t let them use an option day if u call in on your scheduled day off

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
My thoughts on this prime day crap is,if they want to have all of these sales/deals then throw all of that crap on those little blue vans and let those peckerheads deliver them.
Hello, good afternoon.

I don't mean to cause trouble...

But...

You used the words they and them too many times and now I am confused as to whom or what we are talking about.