22.4 Combo bid

JNR

I recently signed a bid to become a 22.4 driver and wanted to see what people went through in the hub or in Integrad and what your tips are to qualify aside from the 5's and tens.
Also when can I expect to be contacted as the bid was posted 3 days ago.

Last edited:
I recently signed a bid to become a 22.4 driver and wanted to see what people went through in the hub or in Integrad and what your tips are to qualify aside from the 5's and tens.
The bid stays up for a week.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You’ll be working Saturdays for minimum 10 years.
🧔✊

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@JNR : the specifics of the bidding process varies around the country. The best advice I can give about that is to go back and read any fine print on the bid sheet, look up any seniority/bidding language in your union contract (Regional Supplement and any Local Rider). It would probably be a good idea to check with a Union shop steward or call the union hall and ask if there is anything else you need to do.

Know the 5 seeing habits word-for word, literally know every capitalized letter and punctuation mark. Seriously. Write it over and over 100s of times if it that's what it takes to memorize it.

Gather all the info you would normally need to apply for a job, most likely you will have to fill out an application if you are selected. They will pull your previous year's driving record (check for tickets/accidents) and probably do some kind of background check.

JNR

I've got the 5s down to the period and know 10s word for word, so I'm more concerned with the process of Integrad and getting and keeping the job itself.
I've heard of people sorting on their paid breaks and even going as far as working or sorting on their lunch break if they do take it, or taking it late in the shift as "training routes" arent suitable for people to qualify as a trainee even (250 to 350 stops when it should be 120 to 200).
I'll ask my management team (if I win the bid) if I can sort the load early, which Ill probably do anyway.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I've got the 5s down to the period and know 10s word for word, so I'm more concerned with the process of Integrad and getting and keeping the job itself.
I've heard of people sorting on their paid breaks and even going as far as working or sorting on their lunch break if they do take it, or taking it late in the shift as "training routes" arent suitable for people to qualify as a trainee even (250 to 350 stops when it should be 120 to 200).
I'll ask my management team (if I win the bid) if I can sort the load early, which Ill probably do anyway.
Why would you work for free? It’s not necessary. If you have a bad loader just let them know.

JNR

I'll keep that in mind but if my loader isn't open to negotiation on how they load then 10 to 20 minutes mean nothing to me and I'll make the management team suffer from my lack of recognition for production standards after I qualify as their repayment to me.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Do what you have to do to qualify (nothing unsafe though). After you make full-time seniority then don’t sort the load on your own time. If they send you out with a bad load that is a company issue and they should expect to pay you more hours to get it done. They don’t see it that way but that’s the truth.