22.4 layoffs

542thruNthru

Yes, I keep my driver pay when working inside
Good that's because of your layoff language.

"In such case, said employee will be provided with eight (8) continuous hours of work at the appropriate rate for the classification of work performed, except that:

1. If said employee displaces a part-time employee and continues to perform the same work as his/her full-time assignment, he/she will continue to receive his/her regular rate of pay"

Thank your lucky stars you're a 22.4 and not an RPCD. Because you're a combo and pt work is part of your assignment they have to pay you your 22.4 rate of pay.

Bigd23

Good that's because of your layoff language.

"In such case, said employee will be provided with eight (8) continuous hours of work at the appropriate rate for the classification of work performed, except that:

1. If said employee displaces a part-time employee and continues to perform the same work as his/her full-time assignment, he/she will continue to receive his/her regular rate of pay"

Thank your lucky stars you're a 22.4 and not an RPCD. Because you're a combo and pt work is part of your assignment they have to pay you your 22.4 rate of pay.
They make RPCD come inside for lower pay ?

Shorts365

What about 8 consecutive hours with a 1.5 break in between? Can I do that because management at my center is making me 4am 9am and 6pm 11pm
If your local is truly too chicken to stop that insane of a split shift, call up a local reporter and explain how good at driving a giant truck on Saturdays you’ll be after being sleep deprived Tuesday thru Friday.

Cowboy Mac

What about 8 consecutive hours with a 1.5 break in between? Can I do that because management at my center is making me 4am 9am and 6pm 11pm
They use the excuse “when work is available” to not allow you to do this. I would talk to your BA and see if there is a larger hub nearby with consecutive shifts that you could bump into. I have heard some places allow this.

GodlikeRage

Where I am at: you can either do 1 shift (preload where they actually need people) with a guaranteed 3.5 hours or both shifts (pre- and re- loads) with a 8 hour guarantee.

They start preload here around 3ish am and finish reloading at 8:30ish. But at night they often dismiss 22.4's closer to 7:45pm if they don't want their guarantee. Since most of them choose to work 1 shift (preload) where they get approx 5 hours anyways and just lose the remaining 3 hours by not working reload.

But that is because management isn't held to making a set weekly schedule and the driver stewards are too scared (or too buddy buddy) to call them out--so they treat the drivers as just-in-time labor and let them know the night before at the earliest. Since there is no schedule they can't truly be penalized for not showing up. However, I've also seen them bump in and send lower seniority part-timers home who don't bother coming back to work afterwards--which ends up as totally counterproductive to management's goal of maintaining a viable work force.
No I’m guaranTeed 8 consecutive hours, on one sort.

GodlikeRage

But... he is laid off.

Seriously why can't people understand this concept. I'm an RPCD but suddenly I'm laid off... but wait RPCD language says I should be driving 5 consecutive days at 8 hours a day... oh wait IM LAID OFF!!

his 22.4 language doesn't apply.

Though with that said I do agree if he is driving Saturdays he is still a 22.4 and should be treated as such. That's something his local should be addressing .
No 22.4 can be laid if there are part time employees working in the building. 22.4 includes hub work and driving. They are guaranteed 8 consecutive hours with a maximum of 90 minute break in between work shifts, if applicable (But technically 8 hour shifts do not require a lunch to be taken anyway) so none of that split shift bullsh1t.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

That is: :bsbullf:....They are making you drive into work twice on a given workday...2 X's :bsbullf:.....!!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If your local is truly too chicken to stop that insane of a split shift, call up a local reporter and explain how good at driving a giant truck on Saturdays you’ll be after being sleep deprived Tuesday thru Friday.

Then they will lay him off...:gityasmiley:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Again the way we've kept people working is dead days between T-_riday. It's not the whole workforce but some %5-10 on the margin. Get whatever you want sent up to the national because they have already signalled they will be treating the vast majority of 22.4 layoffs if not all of them as a breach of contract.

JustDeliverIt

(But technically 8 hour shifts do not require a lunch to be taken anyway) so none of that split shift bullsh1t.

It is BS that you are splitting shifts over a day, they should be consecutive shifts. But check your state laws, here (NY) any shift over 6 hours requires a lunch so they are within their rights to give you a 90 minute lunch but your shift should be a consecutive 9.5 hours.