22.4 position (on topic)

Mo19072

So my center posted job vacancy for 22.4 drivers and it says “for current FT drivers only”. My question is, who wants to go from FT to 22.4?
I thought it pays less doesn’t it?
Aren’t they supposed to be filling 22.4 with new hires?
Or are they supposed to post the vacancy for current drivers before hiring new ones?
Man I can’t wait to get off Saturdays!

So my center posted job vacancy for 22.4 drivers and it says “for current FT drivers only”. My question is, who wants to go from FT to 22.4?
I thought it pays less doesn’t it?
Aren’t they supposed to be filling 22.4 with new hires?
Or are they supposed to post the vacancy for current drivers before hiring new ones?
Man I can’t wait to get off Saturdays!
22.4 are supposed to be new jobs.

upschuck

You're correct its 18months to move all RPCDs to M-friend and a additional 6 months to move any RPCDs that were hired as T-S.

They probably have to offer to FT first and then PT. So once no one bids it. They will offer to PTers.
That's redundant, since FT trumps PT anyways.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That maybe be true.

Though it's probably easier for HR to put a FT list and then a PT list. I'm sure it's probably something to do with their Supplemental language as always.
We were originally told ft drivers couldn’t bid these job. Because I asked when I thought sun-Thurs with half of the day preload was a possibility still

542thruNthru

We were originally told ft drivers couldn’t bid these job. Because I asked when I thought sun-Thurs with half of the day preload was a possibility still

Anyone should be able to bid on them. The contract only says. "increasing the number of full-time opportunities for part-time employees". Nothing about for PT employees only.