22.4 question

mrbrowntown

local 177. i guess im being a whiny 22.4, BUT since i get paid substantially less than RPCD, my duties are not the same at times. recently my job has been to run out irregs, rip stops off drivers and cover pickups. No big deal. it’s annoying and boring as hell, but its actually fair for the pay. my question is, can a RPCD, bump me from 22.4 work and make me do RPCD work??? is a higher paid driver allowed to bump me off my lower paid duties and make me do his work that he doesnt want to do because its harder, but is actually paid to do? if that is the case then 22.4 should just be eliminated, if im gonna be forced to do RPCDs job for less money while the RPCD enjoys doing the job that was set up for 22.4, but gets paid much more then there is something definitely wrong with the system, and this would need to be addressed.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
local 177. i guess im being a whiny 22.4, BUT since i get paid substantially less than RPCD, my duties are not the same at times. recently my job has been to run out irregs, rip stops off drivers and cover pickups. No big deal. it’s annoying and boring as hell, but its actually fair for the pay. my question is, can a RPCD, bump me from 22.4 work and make me do RPCD work??? is a higher paid driver allowed to bump me off my lower paid duties and make me do his work that he doesnt want to do because its harder, but is actually paid to do? if that is the case then 22.4 should just be eliminated, if im gonna be forced to do RPCDs job for less money while the RPCD enjoys doing the job that was set up for 22.4, but gets paid much more then there is something definitely wrong with the system, and this would need to be addressed.

quit whining and work as directed

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
thank you keyboard warrior... u were so much help! there is a contract for a reason, and if my being directed to work against the contract, then i have rights just as much as everyone else... nice to see u have ur fellow union brothers back.
5BD4E6AB-B655-4FCD-86E1-E43D8D4C6365.gif

542thruNthru

Um.. hate to tell you this but all you are is a lower paid driver that works weekends and possibly inside.

Seniority still prevails.

Only job that was set up for 22.4s was working inside the building. If you are not doing that than all the work you are doing is RPCD work.

Up In Smoke

Sorry brother, the company wanted a cheaper way to get the same work done and smilet flows down hill. Like everyone who works here, you need to eat spoons full of bs until it's your turn to serve them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Uhhhh 22.4 is RPCD work for less pay and no OT protection. Those are the cold hard facts.

It's called seniority son

MrBates

Over here in Jersey local 177, the only one who can bump you is a full time RPCD split driver. If the split driver does not want to do his assigned route for the day he can bump you so you get stuck with the garbage route while he shuttles. Senority is king in this situation. A regular bid driver who has his own route cannot bump you nor can he bump a split driver. The only exception is if the bid drivers route is cut, in which case he can bump any 22.4 or split driver as long as he has senority.