250 back to work

1 of the 250 here... I can't tell you how much support we received from our community. I got stopped about 10 times a day by customers and random citizens voicing their support. Thanks to the IBT for coming in and brokering this thing... and of course thanks to you Teamster brothers for your support. I can tell the wife to take out the birth control now.. we can get crackin on that 1st baby again.

Re-Raise

Great news to have you back. It was an impressive show of solidarity on your part and I am glad it didn't cost you your jobs.

If our B.A. said we were walking out, I would have been the first one out the door. I think I will ask about the 72 hour notice first, after this :censored2: storm.

upsmaninmi

We'll see if my boss that was sent on his "special assignment" to New Jersey from Michigan is back early....

Sent using BrownCafe App

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
According to Local 804's website, all 250 fired drivers will be getting their jobs back, including the original driver whom the rest of the building walked out in support of.

Supposedly a 10-hour bargaining session yielded a compromise in which the local will pay monetary damages to the company and all drivers will serve a 10-day vacation...err, suspension.

I guess pressure from NYC over their contract with the company as well as the elimination of reduced fines along with pressure from customers and the bad PR they were getting on social media caused the company to re-think their stance.

If I'm one of those 250, I'm doing every last thing by the book. I'm willing to bet the company is going to do everything they can to pick these drivers off one by one.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Teamsters Reach Settlement With UPS Over Fired Local 804 Members - Teamsters

Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa and General Secretary-Treasurer hall announced today that Hall and International Vice President Sean O'Brien met with Teamsters at the UPS Maspeth facility last night. Today, Hall and O'Brien met with Local 804 officials and UPS management to resolve the situation. The parties have come to a settlement regarding the termination of 250 Local 804 members that occurred after a job action that took place in February.

browned out

Too much pressure for UPS. Good Job 804 drivers. The public pressure was immense and UPS did not have a legal foot to stand on. It was a lose/lose not as bad situation for UPS and thankfully UPS chose the 'lose not so bad' option.

stink219

According to Local 804's website, all 250 fired drivers will be getting their jobs back, including the original driver whom the rest of the building walked out in support of.

Supposedly a 10-hour bargaining session yielded a compromise in which the local will pay monetary damages to the company and all drivers will serve a 10-day vacation...err, suspension.

I guess pressure from NYC over their contract with the company as well as the elimination of reduced fines along with pressure from customers and the bad PR they were getting on social media caused the company to re-think their stance.

If I'm one of those 250, I'm doing every last thing by the book. I'm willing to bet the company is going to do everything they can to pick these drivers off one by one.
You forgot to mention hall and Sean O'Brien saving the day. You also forgot to mention Liem is banned from any UPS operation.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You forgot to mention hall and Sean O'Brien saving the day. You also forgot to mention Liem is banned from any UPS operation.

Where are all those Hoffa/Hall haters saying "Why isn't the IBT saying anything???!!??" "Why's Hoffa not out speaking up for the members?!!??!"

I hope you guys remember what has transpired and who's name's are on that agreement to make sure 250 families don't go starving.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Hall & O'Brien did what they are paid to do. I'm glad that these folks are getting their jobs back, but don't for a second think that it won't come at a cost sooner or later. Something had to have conceded to the company to made them do a 180-degree about-face on this issue, and it wasn't something as trivial as compensation for damages or a 10-day suspension.