250 back to work

browned out

I would grieve the 2 week suspension or reject it and stay with the discharge if UPS did not grant Reyes his Weingarten Rights or UPS did not follow the contract.

Reyes, Liam or any other discharged drivers rights under NLRB Federal Law are not diminished in any way by the decision made by UPS and the Union to agree on a 2 week unpaid suspension.

You do not want this in your employee history if the action was indeed legal. If UPS violated anything with in the NLRB; why would employees settle for anything less than full reinstatement with everything expunged and back pay. Drivers will be entitled to pain and suffering damages and punitive damages to UPS. That is if...and it is a big if; UPS violated Reyes Weingarten Rights or UPS did not settle the dispute in the required manner outlined in the contract.

Drivers can file with the NLRB or other State or Federal Agencies even after they are reinstated. Drivers have nothing to lose by filing with the NLRB or any other govt. agencies. I would file anywhere the case would apply.

UPS will follow thru with their 2 week unpaid suspensions. If you think they will make good on their commitment to resolve grievances more expeditiously and follow the contract and stop the excessive harassment; then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you may be interested in buying.

Stay strong 804, stand your ground and complete what Liam fought for. Liam you are a badass and an inspiration to all of us. Your speech hit it right on the head.

(Liam) ---- " I can tell you I don't have the IBT backing because the IBT cares more about UPS than the drivers. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If UPS abides by the contract, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for UPS, I will not pursue UPS. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will hold you accountable."**

** quote paraphrased, parodied and partially quoted from Taken. 2008. Director Pierre Morel EuropaCorp Distribution, 20th Century Fox. No part of the above quote was made by any 804 member or rep.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/local-804-drivers-walked-out.355083/page-92#ixzz2yXkhPha2

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I would grieve the 2 week suspension or reject it and stay with the discharge if UPS did not grant Reyes his Weingarten Rights or UPS did not follow the contract.

Reyes, Liam or any other discharged drivers rights under NLRB Federal Law are not diminished in any way by the decision made by UPS and the Union to agree on a 2 week unpaid suspension.

You do not want this in your employee history if the action was indeed legal. If UPS violated anything with in the NLRB; why would employees settle for anything less than full reinstatement with everything expunged and back pay. Drivers will be entitled to pain and suffering damages and punitive damages to UPS. That is if...and it is a big if; UPS violated Reyes Weingarten Rights or UPS did not settle the dispute in the required manner outlined in the contract.

Drivers can file with the NLRB or other State or Federal Agencies even after they are reinstated. Drivers have nothing to lose by filing with the NLRB or any other govt. agencies. I would file anywhere the case would apply.

UPS will follow thru with their 2 week unpaid suspensions. If you think they will make good on their commitment to resolve grievances more expeditiously and follow the contract and stop the excessive harassment; then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you may be interested in buying.

Stay strong 804, stand your ground and complete what Liam fought for. Liam you are a badass and an inspiration to all of us. Your speech hit it right on the head.

(Liam) ---- " I can tell you I don't have the IBT backing because the IBT cares more about UPS than the drivers. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If UPS abides by the contract, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for UPS, I will not pursue UPS. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will hold you accountable."**

** quote paraphrased, parodied and partially quoted from Taken. 2008. Director Pierre Morel EuropaCorp Distribution, 20th Century Fox. No part of the above quote was made by any 804 member or rep.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/local-804-drivers-walked-out.355083/page-92#ixzz2yXkhPha2
Great advice. Continue to poke the bear.