250 back to work

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Where are all those Hoffa/Hall haters saying "Why isn't the IBT saying anything???!!??" "Why's Hoffa not out speaking up for the members?!!??!"

I hope you guys remember what has transpired and who's name's are on that agreement to make sure 250 families don't go starving.
All those questions were valid. Were the hell were they. I am sure they continued to collect the dues from 804 while this was going on. Least they could do was get off their :censored2: and get involved.
Maybe you are just a Hoffa butt kisser. From your post, I would say that is the case.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
While its great that the drivers got their jobs back, its clear the UNION made the larger concessions. I am sure the company was feeling the PR heat over this action, and heads at UPS hub level will probably roll over this, but the union agreeing to a 10 day suspension and paying UPS damages amounts to a "BEGGING" to restore the drivers and not a fist fight.

While the company agrees to change its ways of handling discipline cases and be more productive in handling them, the IBT still comes out a loser.

The winners will be the drivers who are lucky to have sustained such a short term, it could have been worse.

These fights never have a happy ending. UPS has to now know that the labor people and managers involved with this case are morons and I hope UPS moves quickly to remove them.

Welcome back drivers!

TOS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess pressure from NYC over their contract with the company as well as the elimination of reduced fines along with pressure from customers and the bad PR they were getting on social media caused the company to re-think their stance.

This had nothing to do with it. The IBT and UPS have been working behind the scenes since Day 1 on an equitable resolution to this situation. Two weeks off (unpaid) and the Local reimbursing UPS for lost revenue is equitable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congrats guys hey btw anyone heard from upstate?

I'm right here.

I like the way this conflict was resolved. The company was made whole and the drivers get their jobs back. Two weeks unpaid should be a strong enough deterrent to keep other locals from doing the same in the future.

stink219

All those questions were valid. Were the hell were they. I am sure they continued to collect the dues from 804 while this was going on. Least they could do was get off their :censored2: and get involved.
Maybe you are just a Hoffa butt kisser. From your post, I would say that is the case.
Where was Tim, TDU, Sandy and Paff? Ohhh, Labor Notes convention? Lmao!!! Great job.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Two of your choices ( the top two) in the next election to steer the teamsters into the future were involved in the resolution. I cannot help but wonder how Fred,Sandy,and the boys would have handled this ?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm right here.

I like the way this conflict was resolved. The company was made whole and the drivers get their jobs back. Two weeks unpaid should be a strong enough deterrent to keep other locals from doing the same in the future.

Btw! Upstate. I was ---------right. Back by Monday. Ok it was Tuesday.

browned out

If ups violated either Reyes Weingarten rights or the contract in regard to dispute resolution, then this is not an acceptable resolution.

why should anyone receive a suspension?

Reyes or any other driver has the right to file a comlaint to the NLRB regardless of the ups teamster resolution. Liam could and shouldfile with the nlrb if and only if ups was in violation.

oldngray

nowhere special
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/250-workers-ups-fired-last-033600667.html

"The work stoppage on February 26 was legal and permitted under the union contract with UPS," a Teamsters Local 804 spokesman told Business Insider. "Under the agreement reached with UPS, Local 804 acknowledges that the union’s internal procedures for authorizing a strike were not properly followed on Feb. 26 and we have agreed to communicate the proper procedure to all union members."
The 250 UPS employees involved in the walkout who were terminated for their actions will have their terminations reduced to a two week suspension without pay for each participant
As part of the settlement reached Wednesday, Reyes' discharge will be reduced to a suspension without pay for the period from Feb. 26 until he returns to work.

804 member

The first 2 sentences are a contradiction. "Legal strike" and the states "not properly followed". The reporters don't research or even read their own words.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
The first 2 sentences are a contradiction. "Legal strike" and the states "not properly followed". The reporters don't research or even read their own words.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It wasn't the reporter's words. It was 804 quoted trying to spin the situation. And I agree, its nonsense but don't blame the reporter.

preload1

Great news. It's awesome to know that there's still hard core union towns like NY that can get the community involved and expose UPS for the mistreatment of its employees. Only if the IBT would have used that leverage to get us a better contract?

Good job brothers and sisters of 804 for standing up to this brutal empire a.k.a. UPS!
Maybe you should leave the "brutal empire". We won't miss you. But you have no guts to go somewhere else. What was the New York Post's headline about Al sharptone? You BIG P#SSY!

browned out

the unions decision does not go hand n hand with your rights under federal law. if i was a discharged driver, i would grieve the suspension and file charges with the nlrb. Liam also should file charges with the NLRB. especially if Reyes was not afforded his wiengarten rights. most likely someone will file with the NLRB this week to receive the proper outcome.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Where are all those Hoffa/Hall haters saying "Why isn't the IBT saying anything???!!??" "Why's Hoffa not out speaking up for the members?!!??!"

I hope you guys remember what has transpired and who's name's are on that agreement to make sure 250 families don't go starving.

Well, I work feeders, so my hours are catty-wompus, so I just heard the news.

First, fired UPS drivers got their jobs back. If Satan got them back, so be it. Good people will soon be working at $32 an hour. However it got done, the most important thing is our people are back working.

Second, if our International did their job and made it happen, I'll be first in line to say, good job. Job well done. It's what the International is SUPPOSED to do. Even if they can't stand some Locals. If you are the International, your job is to cover your members, no matter what. If that is the case here, I say bravo!

It's about time.

But with some good sleep, and some more information, (Hey Bubblehead, give me a call!), I'll make an informed decision.

Sorry, if my spidey-sense doesn't jump up and down about a Hoffa victory until I get all of the facts.

If Hoffa had something to do with this, I will jump on this forum and say, "Nice job."

Glad you finally showed up.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
If ups violated either Reyes Weingarten rights or the contract in regard to dispute resolution, then this is not an acceptable resolution.

why should anyone receive a suspension?

Reyes or any other driver has the right to file a comlaint to the NLRB regardless of the ups teamster resolution. Liam could and shouldfile with the nlrb if and only if ups was in violation.
The whole problem in a nutshell is he didn't file with the NRLB but led the troops out without the IBT sanctioning the strike .To what end ? Political motivation ? I wasn't there and all the reading on these forms with differant opinions do not make it any more clear. So in the end who benefited from Liam's actions ? 250 drivers who came dangerousley close to loosing their jobs and local that could possibly go broke and be in trusteeship ?