251 Bomb

You know me...
How is the UPL list going btw? Any winners? Or is it just a continuous blame game of the old retired guys?

Sorry it took so long to respond, been insane lately with the fiscal year reset/raises/budget meetings. But I'm not even sure I fully understand your comment. Are you saying we should stop filing ULP's when a company violates a members rights? I'd like to hear more about that, please.

You know me...
Im sure I'd wait for ever.
Truth is not your groups strength.

Truths are manipulated by the person or group that spins them. Campaigns are built and executed on this very concept. You are playing the very real, very adult game of politics now. I suggest that you get your big boy pants on and realize that the only absolute truth is the vote count...but you already know this. Or someone in your camp does. That masterful deception you passed out as your campaign publication under the elusive moniker ironically titled "The Truth" was all anyone needed to see to know that. Any mention of a spun truth after the fact is really just sour grapes...

But I digress, you had asked about the case number for the ULP I had mentioned. I have no problem giving it to you, but you are going to wait until the ULP is either settled or decided before you get it. My reason for that is simple. One of my guys ability to provide for his family is riding on the outcome of this ULP and his subsequent arbitration. Now, I don't know if listing the case number on brown cafe will have an affect on the outcome of that case, and it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that it most likely won't. All that I am positive of is the fact that my members ability to feed his family is not something I am willing to gamble with, no matter the odds.

Last edited:

Inthegame

All that I am positive of is the fact that my members ability to feed his family is not something I am willing to gamble with, no matter the odds.
Now is that the absolute truth or spun truth?
Now, I don't know if listing the case number on brown cafe will have an affect on the outcome of that case, and it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that it most likely won't.
If indeed you're not willing to gamble with a members livelihood, why would you ever even consider listing a ULP case number on an internet chat forum? You're shooting with real bullets now. Some things are best left private.

You know me...
If indeed you're not willing to gamble with a members livelihood, why would you ever even consider listing a ULP case number on an internet chat forum? You're shooting with real bullets now. Some things are best left private.

I didn't consider it. But I respect wide load enough to give him my reasons for not considering it. Big difference.

Now is that the absolute truth or spun truth?
I thought the same thing. I don't understand how someone could even consider posting about that on an Internet forum and having someone's livelihood in there hands. Kind of unprofessional.

Inthegame

I didn't consider it. But I respect wide load enough to give him my reasons for not considering it. Big difference.
Let me get this staight...you posted of the existence of the ULP, offered to keep the entire reading public updated on it's developements, then claim concern because "one of my guys ability to provide for his family is riding on the outcome of this ULP and his subsequent arbitration". No kidding! You just noticed that mountain?
I applaud you for keeping this private NOW but why would you ever bring it up to begin with? To gain a point in an internet argument? Do you really think you're invisible here? Does your local have alot of active ULP's with the posted deadlines for information?
I suspect Wide Load would prefer you respecting your members by keeping private info private.

You know me...
Let me get this staight...you posted of the existence of the ULP, offered to keep the entire reading public updated on it's developements, then claim concern because "one of my guys ability to provide for his family is riding on the outcome of this ULP and his subsequent arbitration". No kidding! You just noticed that mountain?
I applaud you for keeping this private NOW but why would you ever bring it up to begin with? To gain a point in an internet argument? Do you really think you're invisible here? Does your local have alot of active ULP's with the posted deadlines for information?
I suspect Wide Load would prefer you respecting your members by keeping private info private.

And this is a perfect example of that masterful deception I had mentioned earlier. You assume too much my friend, but Ill get to that part later. The fact is, all you have learned is that there is a ULP (which is public information) and that my predecessor allowed his members to be secretly recorded by their employer. (Which is no real suprise to 3/4ths of the voting membership of local 251)

You don't know who what when why or where. That is not by accident. It is by design. But heres the best part that you didnt know. ALL of those things, the who, the what, the when, the why and the where are also...(wait for it)...public information. If you'd like to take a trip up to Boston and find the case number, it is on display right outside the NLRB region 1 office among the plethora of other ULP cases filed in region 1 over the last few months. I'd hurry though, because the ULP is going to be settled before noon tomorrow.

Now to the part where your assumptions have failed you. The unknown consequences of posting public information on a public forum is not what I am protecting my member from. The veritibly sad but painfully honest reality is, one of you getting ahold of your buddy, the former BA in question, and screwing my member through an old connection and a back door is what I'm protecting him from. In fact, the only reason I'm even telling you this much is because you simply don't have enough time to do it....tick tock.

Spongebob1

And this is a perfect example of that masterful deception I had mentioned earlier. You assume too much my friend, but Ill get to that part later. The fact is, all you have learned is that there is a ULP (which is public information) and that my predecessor allowed his members to be secretly recorded by their employer. (Which is no real suprise to 3/4ths of the voting membership of local 251)

You don't know who what when why or where. That is not by accident. It is by design. But heres the best part that you didnt know. ALL of those things, the who, the what, the when, the why and the where are also...(wait for it)...public information. If you'd like to take a trip up to Boston and find the case number, it is on display right outside the NLRB region 1 office among the plethora of other ULP cases filed in region 1 over the last few months. I'd hurry though, because the ULP is going to be settled before noon tomorrow.

Now to the part where your assumptions have failed you. The unknown consequences of posting public information on a public forum is not what I am protecting my member from. The veritibly sad but painfully honest reality is, one of you getting ahold of your buddy, the former BA in question, and screwing my member through an old connection and a back door is what I'm protecting him from. In fact, the only reason I'm even telling you this much is because you simply don't have enough time to do it....tick tock.

A swing,... A hit,.... Dang a home -run! Right out of the park!!!

~Bob~ ;)

Spongebob1

If you think discussing your members information before things are settled or in any instance on an Internet forum a home run I do not know what to say. I'm speechless

Show me where he gave out "personal information"
The ULP is public information,

You,..... Speechless? Not a chance!! You chime in on every thread, or should I say "two-cents worth"

Inthegame

My assumptions are usually pretty good, but I will admit to failing here as I assumed you were brighter.

Thanks for the tutorial but I know all about ULP's and there public nature. That said you've completely missed the point. Posting anything that could in any way jeopardize a members chances in any dispute is reckless. I'm still befuddled that you felt the need to post that. Why? For some internet gratification? You admit to concern that some former BA could screw your member through an old connection so why alert anyone at all? It's senseless.

I know no one in your local. Never met the former PO but was introduced to your current PO once at a National Panel. Had little to no conversation with him as he promptly spent every successive minute focused on his phone instead of on the cases being presented.

Maybe he's unlike most other humans and can understand and recall experiences he doesn't pay attention to. But that's not my concern.

Good job on the win, but as the saying goes when you reach the end zone act like you've been there before.

You know me...
Never met the former PO

Well, in that case, everything you said before and after this statement is based on pure ignorance. Regardless, I'll give each comment it's due attention.

I know no one in your local.

And yet here you are, in a thread devoted specifically to my local, waxing philosophical about the internal politics of a local that through your own admission, you know no one from, and nothing about. How bold of you to put yourself out there like that.

Posting anything that could in any way jeopardize a members chances in any dispute is reckless. I'm still befuddled that you felt the need to post that.

Agreed. And that's exactly why all that you know is that a ULP was filed and a former BA sold out the membership. You can derive NOTHING from that information which can cause harm or identify the member in any way. But if that's not enough for you, here's another little goose egg that you didn't know about. I negotiated the settlement of the ULP the day before I posted on here. It just became official at 11:56 today when the company officially responded to the motion to dismiss...

My assumptions are usually pretty good, but I will admit to failing here as I assumed you were brighter.

No need to beat yourself up on that one brother. You were right all along.