251 Bomb

Gimme Danger

Wow.

"Meantime, some workers told NBC 10 News that they aren't happy with their union representation, saying they were rarely updated on how talks were progressing."

No surprise, from a TDU Local.

Rookies....

Pfft.

-Bug-
"Some workers" is the voted-out steward. With no support whatsoever. Except from management.

Gimme Danger

Says you.
The press conference was in the middle of the day. The workers were working, but that scab was standing with management and bashed the local to the press. Great "unity" from the old guard.
There was a rally a few weeks ago, well attended by members there. Of course the scab didn't show up to that. It didn't involve sucking up to management.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

The guy siding with the city is the former steward, voted out by the members. What a real scab, but that's who the old guard attracts.
It looks like a real fight, we should all fight to protect our members, not be a scab like that guy.
Regardless about the old steward......how can local 251 leadership let this happen.......the current local leadership dropped the ball and it cost teamsters jobs.....you can try to spin it.....but unfortunately it's fact

Gimme Danger

Regardless about the old steward......how can local 251 leadership let this happen.......the current local leadership dropped the ball and it cost teamsters jobs.....you can try to spin it.....but unfortunately it's fact
You're assuming the city had the right to do what they're doing.
Maybe the city had every intention of trying to bust the union, regardless of the law.
Unlike the negative posters, I'd rather support my local and fellow Teamsters through a tough fight.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You're assuming the city had the right to do what they're doing.
Maybe the city had every intention of trying to bust the union, regardless of the law.
Unlike the negative posters, I'd rather support my local and fellow Teamsters through a tough fight.
Your only job is to keep people working.

The press conference was in the middle of the day. The workers were working, but that scab was standing with management and bashed the local to the press. Great "unity" from the old guard.
There was a rally a few weeks ago, well attended by members there. Of course the scab didn't show up to that. It didn't involve sucking up to management.
Is he paying union dues or crossing a picket line??

wide load

Is he paying union dues or crossing a picket line??
At 251, if you speak out against the union, you are ostracized, called names and retaliated against. Now give me some danger will tell you about something that happened in 1998 and 3 administrations ago only to deflect in the current situation. This problem could have been rectified a year ago. It's almost like 251 gave up on these guys. Missed meetings, hiding proposals, no representation? East Providence isn't that far from Fall River is it?

Gimme Danger

At 251, if you speak out against the union, you are ostracized, called names and retaliated against. Now give me some danger will tell you about something that happened in 1998 and 3 administrations ago only to deflect in the current situation. This problem could have been rectified a year ago. It's almost like 251 gave up on these guys. Missed meetings, hiding proposals, no representation? East Providence isn't that far from Fall River is it?

So says the steward voted out by the members there. Ask the other 60 members there for their opinion.
You're taking the word of a media hatchet-job, the employer and the self-interested former steward, rather then the Local Union and the bargaining committee.

wide load

So says the steward voted out by the members there. Ask the other 60 members there for their opinion.
You're taking the word of a media hatchet-job, the employer and the self-interested former steward, rather then the Local Union and the bargaining committee.
The members are very satisfied now, aren't they?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree with you. 251 administration must go.
I was reading recently about an NLRB case in which the present Local 251 administration successfully challenged UPS's Social Media Guidelines, forcing the company to revise it's policy nationwide.

I don't remember where the link was posted that I read?
Any of you guys familiar with this?

wide load

I was reading recently about an NLRB case in which the present Local 251 administration successfully challenged UPS's Social Media Guidelines, forcing the company to revise it's policy nationwide.

I don't remember where the link was posted that I read?
Any of you guys familiar with this?
I guess DPW can post freely now.

wide load

The members are unhappy with the city. As they should be.
The city and the voted-out steward blamed the local for everything.
Place the blame where it belongs: on the city. They are acting illegally.
My mistake. They love you guys. Great job. Those skipped meeting really showed your solidarity.