251 Bomb

Spongebob1

The guy siding with the city is the former steward, voted out by the members. What a real scab, but that's who the old guard attracts.
It looks like a real fight, we should all fight to protect our members, not be a scab like that guy.

It sounds like the Union and the City couldn't come to an agreement and the City imposed a March 25th deadline,...... and the ex-steward, he got his 15 mins of fame,..... it looks like to me he sided with the city and Mayor,

Now wide says everyone is pe'od and unhappy with the current administration, if that's the case wide, why didn't you all pull more votes to your side?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It sounds like the Union and the City couldn't come to an agreement and the City imposed a March 25th deadline,...... and the ex-steward, he got his 15 mins of fame,..... it looks like to me he sided with the city and Mayor,

Now wide says everyone is pe'od and unhappy with the current administration, if that's the case wide, why didn't you all pull more votes to your side?
Do you think your friend Matt did everything he could? He threw away members. If this were Hoffa, Hall or OB, would you think the same. TDU scumbags at work!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was reading recently about an NLRB case in which the present Local 251 administration successfully challenged UPS's Social Media Guidelines, forcing the company to revise it's policy nationwide.

I don't remember where the link was posted that I read?
Any of you guys familiar with this?

Any BA or Local (worth their salt)....

Could have taken care of this situation, with a phone call.

The company, always "tests the mettle" of a new TDU Local administration.

And as usual, TDU exaggerates the success.

(It comes with a caveat) :biggrin:

-Bug-

Brown Spider

-Bug-

"Any BA or Local (worth their salt)..."could have pursued the issue and resolved it in the same manner that Local 251 did. It would appear that the end result benefits more than just Local 251 members. And "Any BA or Local (worth their salt)" may want to consider avoiding those cozy little phone calls with their UPS pals and actually do the work. I know...I know...it's hard, but it's part of the oath that you took.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

-Bug-

UPS has been flexing on this issue, is multiple locals in multiple regions, with TDU absolutely NOT being the common denominator.

It's a shame that "phone calls" by "salt worthy BA's", nor panel decisions by the good old boys network have not been successful in beating back these injustices.
Instead, the Teamsters once again find themselves having to turn to the government for a legally viable solution.

SMH

~Bbbl~

Spongebob1

Do you think your friend Matt did everything he could? He threw away members. If this were H, hall or OB, would you think the same. TDU scumbags at work!

I don't know the details of what went on so I won't comment on "what Matt did"
Calling them "scumbags" is a little harsh don't ya think!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And "Any BA or Local (worth their salt)" may want to consider avoiding those cozy little phone calls with their UPS pals and actually do the work. I know...I know...it's hard, but it's part of the oath that you took.

That's a rather trite observation.

Typical TDU nonsense.

TDU Locals.... wish.... they had that kind of juice. :)

UPS has been flexing on this issue, in multiple locals and in multiple regions

Who are the Locals ?

What regions ?

What was the outcome ?

TDU did aptly point out, the issue was "subject to collective bargaining".

If negotiating over a "company social media policy" is a priority....

We're doomed.

-Bug-

Gimme Danger

Typical TDU nonsense.

Who are the Locals ?

What regions ?

What was the outcome ?

We're doomed.

-Bug-
So the union shouldn't bargain over policies to protect us at work?
Isn't that one of the reasons why we choose to be union and pay dues?

Brown Spider

Typical TDU nonsense.

Who are the Locals ?

What regions ?

What was the outcome ?

We're doomed.

-Bug-

"that kind of juice" is nothing more than a cozy little quid pro quo. You're not elected to trade favors with your UPS pals. There is a grievance procedure, an arbitration process, panels and government agencies that provide an avenue to a resolution. The expectation is that you will represent your members to the best of your ability. Speed dialing your compadre at UPS is a bit short of that expectation. Of course...............................................................................................................................

it is expected................that sufficient time should be set aside

for pontificating...................................................................

on BC.................................................................................

Leave the slap and tickle back slapping with that center manager at the bowling alley.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Who are the Locals ?
What regions ?
What was the outcome ?
If you're to lazy to do your own homework, I won't help you for free.

Of course, inversely I will extend to the same generous offer you do me.

PayPal, or do you want to mail me certified funds?

We're doomed.
Kind of like the cell phone, drug/alcohol, and technology language already negotiated?

Whether it's a future "priority"?......will play itself out by the company's continued actions.

....or we can just continue to have poor panel decisions overturned by the government?

~Bbbl~