251 local election is down to wire

Gimme Danger

You forgot to calculate the 199 challenged. But like I said, congrats to all the winners. No need to be so defensive.
The winning totals are still over 50%, even if you include the challenged ballots, which we won't know how those were voted (it doesn't make a difference).
In my opinion, there was too much negative campaigning, but it was a hard fought election. And for the most part, supporters of all sides treated each other with respect, the most important take away.

SoCalUPS

I don't consider you to be a Teamster.
I would never try to get a brother or sister fired. Both you and BR should read the bylaws sometime. It's shady what she did. There's no excuse. If you condone this type of activity by a Teamster, you are no better than all the corrupt scum that find their names on the back of the Teamster magazine under investigation.

Brown Spider

What constitutes a challenged ballot ????
A ballot cast by a member who is not eligible to vote...usually related to an issue with dues. Normally, an ECR (Election Control Roster) will be printed out at the close of business on the day before the count. It will show the voting eligibility of every local union member. Returned outer ballot envelopes, with the name of the member visible, will be checked against the ECR before the outer envelope is separated from the ballot envelope which is then processed accordingly. Eligible ballots will be counted. Challenged outer envelopes will be designated as such and set aside.