29 Year Old Business In Need OF Help! Please!!

tieguy

Banned
I can assure you that I have not been shipping drugs or anthing like that. To be told that they are going through my packages does not bother me in the lest they will find nothing wrong with them as long as they don't star taking stuff out of course then I will have to take more action I was hopeing that this problem would have been solved in a nice manner but It seems like some people are not as caring as other.

Mad,

I asked you specific questions and offered you help with determing the service disconnects. Your response appears to have avoided my questions and ignored my offer. We often see trolls here and some here believe you are one. I have access to internal systems at ups. I can research your problem and even call the center that delivers your packages to help you. But I can not help you if you do not answer me directly when I ask you quesitions or ask you for information.

tieguy

Banned
can anyone tell me where to report atatbl so that this thread can get back to the real issue of late packages? If so thanks.:happy2:

Mad,

You entered our domain here at brown cafe. This is not a work place but a place of leisure for us. therefore nothing Ata does here is reportable.

I am however willing to collect your information and call your delivery center to help you.

atatbl

lol... A mod deletes my posts because I play back at a troll? Apparently, someone forgot to let the mods know this is an internet forum.

Check with Dannyboy, maybe there is a "moderator's school" that is in existence.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...Check with Dannyboy, maybe there is a "moderator's school" that is in existence.

I think they share space with the "people school".

In all fairness, I think the OP was the real deal and it appears that he was not being treated fairly by the center team, although it does like the driver was doing all that he could. I think your efforts at humor backfired in this case.

atatbl

Oh the efforts didn't backfire really.... just got deleted. Fortunately we are in a position to find out whether or not this poster was a troll. Doubt we are all wrong. If you would have saw all the text exchanged, you might have seen what the rest of us saw.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Any company that allows it's drivers to consistently deliver to any stop at 8:30 PM has some serious issues. Are we not in the business of serving customers? In this economy we should be kissing the customers butt. Keep those sales leads coming.

reydluap

I deliver out of Ottumwa. I've been friends with "Mad Cheney" personally for about 30 years now. He has a nice legit business and has always been on the up and up with me. I wish he was in my delivery area, we've had too many good laughs over the years. Here is MY PERSONAL take on this thread and what lead to this delivery trouble.

All of us UPS drivers know what happens on Monday (and the rest of the week for that matter). Add/Cuts and route adjustments done just a few minutes before driver departure time. Routes being eliminated or work being shifted.

Decreased volume effects have ran havac in our small center and routes have been cut. Our dispatcher has only been on the job a few months and has had a lot of info to learn in a short time.

But the bottom line....IN MY OPINION....We as a company screwed up. Looks like Deliveries were removed from one split route to a bid route and loaded on the 8000 shelf. And his rural business happened to fall in this Add/Cut.

This is by no way an excuse....just an explanation. Hopefully, your problem has been fixed (as far as deliveries).

As for your phone conversation.....I haven't a clue what to tell you.

For me to apologize for something our Center has done wouldn't carry any weight. Well Mr C, you understand......

atatbl

Well someone that's been here since '04 saying he's legit is enough for me to change my mind. Also, you hit on something happening in my building Reydluap; anyone else have a ridiculous stop per car goal because of decreased volume?

Also, from your explanation it sounds like this was a one time event? Yet, Madatbrown's explanation seems like he is upset because this is happening regularly. So regularly in fact that a manager there decided to piss him off more instead of saying "it will not happen again" and then maybe explaining how a cut works. Can you give us an idea how often this happens?

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
For the original poster to complain here is comparable to complaining to a driver he meets in a bar after work. Sure, we work for UPS, but this is just a gathering place. The offers to help have been valid.

If the original poster has a real business, there are service deadlines. Nothing can be done to fix that from here. OP should visit the center, scream and yell, and it would be fixed. File a claim for every package that misses service to get a refund. It will be fixed by tomorrow.

Other than that, the he said/she said is meaningless. Wnat to bitch & moan, keep posting here. Want it fixed, do as suggested above.

Otherwise, I smell troll. You didn't stuff an X-Box into a drop box & get it stuck a few months ago, did you?

rod

Retired 22 years
I happened to be downtown Ottumwa in August and was looking for the Chamber of Commerece and who else to ask but the UPS driver. He was very friendly and took the time to help me. He stated that things were REALLY busy with lots of overtime. I know in my little center that I retired out of that businesses located "out in the country" weren't guaranteed a specific delivery time . They were just delivered on route. I had some that didn't get their stuff until late (7:00 pm) and yes some got delivered to the house and not the business. When routes get split up through no fault of the drivers is when trouble starts.

reydluap

I will state again. This is MY PERSONAL OPINION and no way UPS's as a company explaination.

As I have seen it. We went on PAS a couple of years ago. Routes were put in place when the times were good. But as the economy goes sour, things here have changed over night. But I will say, it is very rare of any driver to work past 7:30pm. In my particular delivery area, things are not too bad as far as Add/Cuts go. Mistakes are made at times, but we just wing it and go on.

As for this specific incident. Dispatch just messed up...he is human after all.

As for "Mad C" being delivered late before. I will not call him a liar. I don't know the facts to give you. And I don't know anything but what I've read here about his phone conversation. So it is not fair for me to pass judgement.

reydluap

I know in my little center that I retired out of that businesses located "out in the country" weren't guaranteed a specific delivery time . They were just delivered on route. I had some that didn't get their stuff until late (7:00 pm) and yes some got delivered to the house and not the business. When routes get split up through no fault of the drivers is when trouble starts.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
when they relooped our center, they used main street as a starting line. they add and subtract work begining there and work out.

problem is that when you screw around with "main street" you are messing around with businesses. when everything is working right, businesses get their delivery before lunch and pickups after 2:30.

after all, many businesses send out this afternoon what we brought them this morning.

then they screw with the dispatch. businesses get delivered two hours after the pickups get made by another driver. customers used to set their clocks by ups, now hope they get there before they close.

as an example, there were several blocks of business stops that were missed every day until help was cut in, usually one day a week.

this is the issue for businesses all over. i know. i am one as well. frustrating.

as far as attas posts, did not see anything that should have gotten them deleted, but not my call.

d

For the original poster to complain here is comparable to complaining to a driver he meets in a bar after work. Sure, we work for UPS, but this is just a gathering place. The offers to help have been valid.

If the original poster has a real business, there are service deadlines. Nothing can be done to fix that from here. OP should visit the center, scream and yell, and it would be fixed. File a claim for every package that misses service to get a refund. It will be fixed by tomorrow.

Other than that, the he said/she said is meaningless. Wnat to bitch & moan, keep posting here. Want it fixed, do as suggested above.

Otherwise, I smell troll. You didn't stuff an X-Box into a drop box & get it stuck a few months ago, did you?

Today I will just be replying to some of the stuff being written here I my claims are lagite and no I have stuffed any xbox what ever that means. I am not a troll through I don't quite understand what that is either this is the first form I've ever been on and thats the truth. I was hopeing to get info on how to fix this problem and thankfully I have taken all the steps that everyone has told me so hopefully things will now get straightened out. Thanks for everyone who cared enough to help. I didn't know you weren't suposed to put names on here and I am sorry for that I was trying to give as much info as possible. Thanks again and I hope all ends well.:happy2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
while this is not the usual place for issues with ups, it has been interesting that some issues, even after extensive contact with local ups personel, have come to a quick conclusion after being posted on this site.

for one that comes to mind, a package containing equipment that tested the space shuttle tiles was lost in our system. after more than 45 days of trying to find it, he posted here. within three days, whadiya know, it was found and forwarded to the proper destination.

so, while the phone calls to the higher powers might have been what did it, or those higher powers checking in on this site, bottom line is that this site had a great effect on the outcome.

so get in touch with the upper management, then corp ups. you will get answers and results.

d