2nd amendment in action

oldngray

nowhere special
If a 'good guy with a gun' is the best thing for taking down a 'bad guy with a gun', why don't we hear about these situations more often?

Liberal Media?

Those situations definitely happen but don't fit the narrative of the ant-gunners. As to why the media seldom reports them, what do you think?

BrownArmy

Those situations definitely happen but don't fit the narrative of the ant-gunners. As to why the media seldom reports them, what do you think?

I was asking you.

If these occurrences happen so often, even the 'Liberal' media couldn't ignore them.

To flip it, the 'Conservative' media would be trumpeting each and every instance.

Yet, it's just an occurrence here or there.

So, either it's simply a thing that happens randomly, in which case it's not a policy to promote, or both the Liberal and Conservative media are under-reporting all the times that good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns, which doesn't make sense.

What do you think?

oldngray

nowhere special
I was asking you.

If these occurrences happen so often, even the 'Liberal' media couldn't ignore them.

To flip it, the 'Conservative' media would be trumpeting each and every instance.

Yet, it's just an occurrence here or there.

So, either it's simply a thing that happens randomly, in which case it's not a policy to promote, or both the Liberal and Conservative media are under-reporting all the times that good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns, which doesn't make sense.

What do you think?

They do happen and are reported.... but not by liberal media.

BrownArmy

I just said they were reported. If not by the liberal media then who else is left to have reported them?

Yes, with a frequency that is important.

This is the largest argument by the NRA and others, that 'good' guys with guns stop 'bad' guys with guns.

Lord knows we have a hella lot of good guys with guns.

However, I'm straining myself to find coverage of said good guys stopping said bad guys in a demonstrably statistical fashion.

So, either it isn't happening at a rate that makes any difference vs. actual 'bad' guy gun violence, or it's under-reported.

You don't think the 'liberal' media will report such things, but I'll ask you again: these situations seem fairly uncommon (vs. the gun violence this country experiences)...if they were common, then they'd be repeatedly reported on by the 'conservative' media.

Yet, here we are.

Only 'good' guys with guns can stop 'bad' guys with guns - a perverse argument.

This is the internet age - forget the media, if the premise was correct, it would be supported by multiple cases.

If the premise was indeed correct, there would be so many instances that neither side of the media could credibly ignore them; or, we would have enough instances on the ground reported through social media that we could discern for ourselves that the premise was correct.

But we don't have that.

Soooo....

Where am I going wrong?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
If a 'good guy with a gun' is the best thing for taking down a 'bad guy with a gun', why don't we hear about these situations more often?

Liberal Media?

Logically my answer would be because the percentage of "good guys" with guns is very low so it doesn't happen very often. Percent of Adults with a License to Carry

I think we are forgetting that only a small percentage of gun owners are able or do have a gun on them some or most of the time. Then you have to take into account the odds of one of them actually being present when the bad guy shows up.

Not sure how this could be overlooked.... Oh, and I'm not even a gun enthusiast. :gunsmilie

Sportello

Logically my answer would be because the percentage of "good guys" with guns is very low so it doesn't happen very often. Percent of Adults with a License to Carry

I think we are forgetting that only a small percentage of gun owners are able or do have a gun on them some or most of the time. Then you have to take into account the odds of one of them actually being present when the bad guy shows up.

Not sure how this could be overlooked.... Oh, and I'm not even a gun enthusiast. :gunsmilie
Those are 12 year old figures. Today over 5% of the population could be carrying legally. Here are recent figures:

http://6h2.xyz/american_gr8_crooked-hillary-lies_trjn_LYIN-MEXICO_view

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Those are 12 year old figures. Today over 5% of the population could be carrying legally. Here are recent figures:

http://6h2.xyz/american_gr8_crooked-hillary-lies_trjn_LYIN-MEXICO_view

Also from your link...

By December 2014, people’s positive impression of guns had grown further to 57 versus 38 percentage points.

Murder Rates have fallen as the percentage of the Adult Population with Permitted Concealed Handguns has Increased.

Permit Holders are extremely Law abiding.

Permit holders on rare occasion violate the law. But in order to truly appreciate

how incredibly rare those problems are one needs to remember that there are

over 12.8 million permit holders in the US. Indeed, it is impossible to think of any

other group in the US who is anywhere near as law abiding.

Thanks for the information.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Liberal Media?
Because that doesn't fit the narrative that they want to feed us.

The guns are bad, and bad people are not.