2nd amendment in action

Fenris

I was asking you.

If these occurrences happen so often, even the 'Liberal' media couldn't ignore them.

To flip it, the 'Conservative' media would be trumpeting each and every instance.

Yet, it's just an occurrence here or there.

So, either it's simply a thing that happens randomly, in which case it's not a policy to promote, or both the Liberal and Conservative media are under-reporting all the times that good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns, which doesn't make sense.

What do you think?

From Wikipedia (Defensive gun use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Estimates over the number of defensive gun uses vary wildly, depending on the study's definition of a defensive gun use, survey design, population, criteria, time-period studied, and other factors. Low-end estimates are in the range of 55,000 to 80,000 incidents per year, while high end estimates reach of 4.7 million incidents per year.

BrownArmy

From Wikipedia (Defensive gun use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Estimates over the number of defensive gun uses vary wildly, depending on the study's definition of a defensive gun use, survey design, population, criteria, time-period studied, and other factors. Low-end estimates are in the range of 55,000 to 80,000 incidents per year, while high end estimates reach of 4.7 million incidents per year.

I spent nine minutes with this, and I came up with: NOTHING.

Sportello

Also from your link...

By December 2014, people’s positive impression of guns had grown further to 57 versus 38 percentage points.

Murder Rates have fallen as the percentage of the Adult Population with Permitted Concealed Handguns has Increased.

Permit Holders are extremely Law abiding.

Permit holders on rare occasion violate the law. But in order to truly appreciate

how incredibly rare those problems are one needs to remember that there are

over 12.8 million permit holders in the US. Indeed, it is impossible to think of any

other group in the US who is anywhere near as law abiding.

Thanks for the information.
Correlation does not imply causation, @tonyexpress. I thought you were smarter than that ;)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How about people obsessed with the freedom and safety of their families?

And do you own a gun?

And history keeps repeating itself, as another White, Gun toting, Right Wing, 2nd amendment freakshow, kills his wife in front of their children.

WHY?

Simple. Because he had access to guns, looked like most white gun owners, and he was an unfaithful husband.

Once he got discovered, he did what all gun owners do with their INANIMATE OBJECTS. They used them to kill people.

But as usual, I am sure none of you people will express any outrage over the death of this woman. All in a days work for gun owners in this country.

"Safety of their families"..???? What a crock.

$5 million bail for man accused of killing wife when she found out about his affair

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A booking photo of the typical 2nd amendment defender.

dc1be646-ffcc-4382-a034-7cda3db67df0-large16x9_ToddMarjamaduringacourtappearanceThursdayJune30KATUNewsphoto.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How about people obsessed with the freedom and safety of their families?

And do you own a gun?

I'm not a bad person, and I do own a gun and have a concealed carry permit. Never been arrested or had any trouble with the law. There are far more accidents and incidents where innocent people get hurt by guns than in your wet dream scenario where you blow away a theater shooter or a terrorist.

Oh, and my gun(s) are in a safe, and the wheel gun has a cable lock so it cannot be used by anyone but me. I seldom carry.