3 day ride and my experience

some1else

Banned
Something does not add up here. Turn the same critical eye you apply to management posters here to what this guy is telling you.
easy management wants the drivers to know that if they file a 9.5 grievance they will get a 3-day. makes sense to me would discourage alot of people from filling... unless im missing something?

tieguy

Banned
easy management wants the drivers to know that if they file a 9.5 grievance they will get a 3-day. makes sense to me would discourage alot of people from filling... unless im missing something?

maybe. the guy says he is running better then scratch. you don't do ojs rides on someone running scratch or better.

maybe. the guy says he is running better then scratch. you don't do ojs rides on someone running scratch or better.
Tie, I don't know about your area but in many if a driver files an over 9.5 grievance the 3 day lock in ride is automatic. So , yeah they do OJS rides, regardless of over/under.

JustTired

free at last.......
I'm not sure what to believe here. But if this guy is running scratch or better, and he is still over 9.5 dispatch, then I think he definitely has a complaint.

They can't blame him for running early.....can they? "If you're going to come in after 9.5....then you have to show overallowed so we have something to blame other than the dispatch."

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
I don't know why some management want to always make it the drivers fault or his "bad performance" when they receive the 3 day OJS.
It's pretty simple really, most drivers that file over 9.5 grievances get the OJS automatically and the sup is supposed to find the driver at fault to attempt to show that the allowances are correct, regardless of reality.
Read and think about what this guy is telling us. This poster claims he is exceeding his planned production which I take as his claim that he is running better then scratch. If that is the case a center manager is not going to waste a resource ;his supervisor for three day OJS ride when the guy is already giving him good production.

Something does not add up here. Turn the same critical eye you apply to management posters here to what this guy is telling you.

I've seen drivers, who's production fell, but still are running under, get 3 day production ride, if they file 9.5's. They are dispatched with over 10 hours and usually get it done in 8 to 9 hours. Why wouldn't the company put in the resources in it to get more production out of it? It might increase our profits to harass a driver. There are drivers who would drive 90, if the boss told them they had to run so many SOPH, or they would be fired. They are one of those hard working ups drivers that use the managers term "slack off" for those who they feel are not as hard working, and they reposed the best to harassment from managers. The drivers who work safe just work safer and less productive after production rides that's the waste of the company's resources.

NI1

Running from scratch? ummmmm where did I say that?

I said, that when I punch out at 9:30 I still see my stats the following day and it is still under.

Did you know how many hours is when you clock out at 9:30? lets not go to 9:30, how about 8:00? or 8:30?...that has been happening as soon as 'opted in' in Jan, the route just got more stops. It then gives me the right to file a grievance because SINCE Jan I gave my center manager the benefit of that doubt by 'trusting' his word of honor when he told me "I will fix it" then 5 months later it just got worst.

I filled a grievance and days later I got a 3 day ride (first in my 15yr career). By the way, I dont see any of this so called 3 day ride in the contract. If you want to know what happened in between the filling of the grievance and the 3 day ride, you wont even believe it. The contract states that there should be no blacklisting but after 15 years (now that it is close to home) I believe that ups has mastered the art of blacklisting. They wont have a list but they have their ways. I am just saying....

greeny

My center manager never stopped screaming at me from the minute we left the building.he constantly reminded me that "Mcdonalds was hiring".i zoned him out of my mind and just kept thinking of my wife and kids.i had a mall route[AVENTURA MALL] SLAMMED every day.1st 2 days we ate in the food court i sat as far away from him as possible.day 3 i took my own lunch and at 12:30 i stopped under a causeway.he said what about me? i said its a 20 min. walk to the mall 20 min. to eat 20 min. to walk back. as far as signing for the ride review i always refuse as per ARTICLE 6.it says you are only required to sign 3 things bid lists, vaca. schedules, option choices.thats it.

My center manager never stopped screaming at me from the minute we left the building.he constantly reminded me that "Mcdonalds was hiring".i zoned him out of my mind and just kept thinking of my wife and kids.i had a mall route[AVENTURA MALL] SLAMMED every day.1st 2 days we ate in the food court i sat as far away from him as possible.day 3 i took my own lunch and at 12:30 i stopped under a causeway.he said what about me? i said its a 20 min. walk to the mall 20 min. to eat 20 min. to walk back. as far as signing for the ride review i always refuse as per ARTICLE 6.it says you are only required to sign 3 things bid lists, vaca. schedules, option choices.thats it.

Excuse me, did they eliminate safety related items?

sealbasher

not in this country ,meaning canada,ive had a target on my back for 6 months now and my sup aint going to get nothing on me,and hes going to look stupid for wasting time trying to get something on me.as far as im concerned no one should be considered for managment without at least 10 years driving ,this is nothing against you tieguy,but ive had it, i do the job right everyday and this puke sup is just harrassing me. he wont ride with me becuase im right,ive had 3 rides in last 6 months and all 3 sups said way too much work.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Awesome!

MY TURN.......... I hear that I'm going to get my 3 Day OJS next week, finally!

Dear God,
Please let me have 3 days of delivering that are planned as they are, when no supe is with me. Please help me to hold my tongue and not lash out, when verbally assaulted.

...........................................Thanks, Sincerely STUG!

MD Dan

Ask your on car 'Are you telling me to drive faster than I believe the conditions warrant? And are you willing to put that in writing??'