3 day suspension before 1 day?

been with preload a little over a year I called in on the 22 and I guess they are gonna push for a 3 day suspension when I grieve it will get dropped to a 1 day ect but I never received any notice or anything about a 1 day suspension.. is a 1 day suspension not even a thing? I mean what's the point in progressive discipline if you can just skip tiers..?

I am also wondering how long management has to dish out write ups and suspension's 10 days? 5? idk

It's because the last time you were going to be suspended, the union negotiated your suspension down to a written. Under the terms of that negotiation, if you called in again within a certain time frame, your discipline would immediately pick back up where you would've been otherwise.

GO TO WORK!

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
been with preload a little over a year I called in on the 22 and I guess they are gonna push for a 3 day suspension when I grieve it will get dropped to a 1 day ect but I never received any notice or anything about a 1 day suspension.. is a 1 day suspension not even a thing? I mean what's the point in progressive discipline if you can just skip tiers..?

I am also wondering how long management has to dish out write ups and suspension's 10 days? 5? idk
They tried that once with me. I fought it, wouldn't accept the reduced 1 day, had the whole thing rescended.
U right I am a little hurt about it
About the hoe bangin your homie?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
ye he was there when they notified me that they were pushing for the 3 day, he pretty much said to fill out the form and not really think about it again this is the first grievance I've ever actually had to fill out though so I figured I would check in here
You didn’t file on the warning letter you got before this?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
There isn't an attendance policy other than 3 days in a row NC/NS you are assumed to have quit.

There isn't an official attendance policy specifying the number of absences that will result in discipline.

Tell your PT Sup to piss up a rope.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There isn't an attendance policy other than 3 days in a row NC/NS you are assumed to have quit.

There isn't an official attendance policy specifying the number of absences that will result in discipline.

Tell your PT Sup to piss up a rope.
1) some places do have one

2) this works both ways.

There’s no official policy here. We were understaffed most of 2020 so what did they do? Started giving verbal warnings first time you called in. Warning letter second call in. And so on.

We had a guy get a documented talk with for calling in for the first time in 7 years.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
1611975952025.gif

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
1) some places do have one

2) this works both ways.

There’s no official policy here. We were understaffed most of 2020 so what did they do? Started giving verbal warnings first time you called in. Warning letter second call in. And so on.

We had a guy get a documented talk with for calling in for the first time in 7 years.
He should have hit them with an Art 37 Grievance

Unless the policy is specifically laid out in the contract they can piss up a rope.