3 day suspension before 1 day?

shaco

The Demon Jester
Have your steward ask for a copy of the verbal warning meeting and also request the attendance records. I'm not implying that you should not receive progressive discipline only that it must be warranted and just.
so you are saying have the steward request the attendance? I will try he is pretty slow but I will try

first I will try just talking with him to figure out why its 3 days instead of a 1 day suspension maybe he will be able to tell me what happened thanks again

542thruNthru

been with preload a little over a year I called in on the 22 and I guess they are gonna push for a 3 day suspension when I grieve it will get dropped to a 1 day ect but I never received any notice or anything about a 1 day suspension.. is a 1 day suspension not even a thing? I mean what's the point in progressive discipline if you can just skip tiers..?

I am also wondering how long management has to dish out write ups and suspension's 10 days? 5? idk
Attendance is handled differently across the country. Without knowing where you are and what supplemental agreement you are under we can't really give you a accurate answer. personally I believe you need to talk to your shop steward about the subject and or call your local and speak to your business agent.
if you don't mind me asking what is a BA?
BA is short for Business Agent. He/She is the local representative that handles disciplinary issues. If you Google your local you should be able to find a email or phone # to contact him/her.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I guess I'm not reading something right? if you call out ' ' sick ' ' it's none of their damn business. especially in a pandemic.

Attendence is different everywhere. Here they have to verbally discuss every specific attendence infraction in a timely manner or else it effectively drops off the record for when considering future discipline. Not that they won't list all your attendance issues anyways in the past 3 years as 'evidence'.

There are plenty of exceptions (especially on the inside) from the company that cause an employee to show as late in the system despite contractually arriving on time for their scheduled work.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The company will still use progressive discipline for occurrences even though it's a pandemic
What do you mean? if someone has sick days, they will use sick days, if they don't have sick days, they can convince their BA to work on retroactive fmla or disability and vote them out if they can't do something so simple.

I am again stating confusion? they said they called out. They did not say they were skipping work.

542thruNthru

What do you mean? if someone has sick days, they will use sick days, if they don't have sick days, they can convince their BA to work on retroactive fmla or disability and vote them out if they can't do something so simple.
Depending on your area you'll have a certain number of occurrences before progressive discipline starts. Also some areas don't even have sick days.

FMLA would have to be approved by a doctor and yes it can be retroactive but a doctor isn't going to give you FMLA for a cold.

Disability would have to be more than just one day here and there.

If he's calling out a day here and there he's going to face discipline. If he's calling out for 4 or 5 days in a row it will only be one occurrence.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
even if I have quite a few call in's I should still do this? Ill look back myself and see how many I have I don't really keep track I just make sure I call in a lot less than other people in the preload

I'm assuming I am supposed to ask the fulltime preload sup (we only have one) or the sup pushing for the 3 day? for the records?

edit: pretty sure I have 3 call in's within 90 days

Why do you miss so much work?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They are talking crap,trying to intimidate you. Our Preload supes would always panic when the center manager tried to enforce suspensions as they were already short handed. The preload would tank if they actually suspended people.

shaco

The Demon Jester
They are talking crap,trying to intimidate you. Our Preload supes would always panic when the center manager tried to enforce suspensions as they were already short handed. The preload would tank if they actually suspended people.
im aware of this, its just annoying that it's gotta be me that gets the D when the hoe across from me calls in twice a week and I have yet to see them go talk to her

Drink Craft Beer

You should have had a hearing with union rep. present and givin a verbal warning first in which they tell you how many days have been missed and the possible consequences if it persists.