3 years in as reg temp driver —do I take 22.4?

542thruNthru

I’m 3 years into my reg temp progression…drive 5-6 days a week.

I’m being pressed to take a 22.4 but my understanding is that I’ll cap out at a lower rate (22.4) than if I passed on it and got to my reg temp top rate and then took a 22.4 (as I’d get to keep my reg temp top rate in the 22.4). Is that correct? Would you pass on the 22.4 and hold out for the top rate since it’s higher than the 22.4 top rate?
What supplemental agreement are you under?

What is the progression for Reg Temp? I don't know of a 4 year progression for Reg Temp.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Take the 22.4. It's the only to progress into rpcd. The only way to get rpcd as a pt'er is if every 22.4 passed up being rpcd. That'll never happen. You will get jumped in seniority. 22.4 is a full time position, you get full time benefits, like the pension. Being a full timer as a 22.4 and when you become RPCD, you do not start over in progression. You continue from whenever you're full-time seniority date is, currently 4 years. If you have 4 years already, you immediately jump to RPCD top rate. If you're making a career here, getting full time asap is the goal. You may take a short run hit for wages, but the long term benefits far outweigh it.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Take the wages. If you are on the schedule, you can demand your 8hrs when you are a 22.4 or RPCD, or file unemployment if they lay you off. Just be sure you have qualified, and do have a seniority date in your new classification. (Not sure of your local or exact current classification.)
64D0AF1F-C3EE-46DE-BFCA-A85B19DE73E2.gif

tramtwo

Here part-time cover drivers (TCDs) make 85% of top wage. The only path for an hourly to rpcd here is through 22.4. Wage is kept at 85% of top until you reach your 4yr full time progression.

Any part-timers who bid on a 22-4 job who have never done cover driving start at $21 an HR.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

What is the progression for Reg Temp? I don't know of a 4 year progression for Reg Temp.
Reg Temps only work 6 months/year in the Atlantic, so it takes 4 years of reg temping to get 2 years of FT pay progression.

542thruNthru

Reg Temps only work 6 months/year in the Atlantic, so it takes 4 years of reg temping to get 2 years of FT pay progression.
So only the 6 months you work count towards your progression? Wow!

We have PT cover driver's here and as soon as you pass your 30 days you could work 4 weeks a year and the whole year would count towards your progression.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So only the 6 months you work count towards your progression? Wow!

We have PT cover driver's here and as soon as you pass your 30 days you could work 4 weeks a year and the whole year would count towards your progression.
While working as a regular temporary pack-
age driver, employees will go through the wage progression out-
lined in this Agreement. Regular temporary package drivers who
may work one (1) day in a week will be given a full week’s credit
towards progression.

That's how they do'em here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’m 3 years into my reg temp progression…drive 5-6 days a week.

I’m being pressed to take a 22.4 but my understanding is that I’ll cap out at a lower rate (22.4) than if I passed on it and got to my reg temp top rate and then took a 22.4 (as I’d get to keep my reg temp top rate in the 22.4). Is that correct? Would you pass on the 22.4 and hold out for the top rate since it’s higher than the 22.4 top rate?
Is your current job part time or full time?

PMMP

I’m Western Pennsylvania supplemental Agreement. I’ve been reg temp since I was hired in 2017 and been driving 5-6 days a week (45-60 hours a week) for 3 years.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I like to mess around on BC like a lot of people, but I also enjoy posts like this in that, I have driven truck over 28 years, hired directly into feeder 16 months ago. I don't know any other aspect of UPS employment. It's interesting seeing how things work for PT jobs and RPCD. Quite confusing, but interesting.