3 years in as reg temp driver —do I take 22.4?

GodlikeRage

While working as a regular temporary pack-
age driver, employees will go through the wage progression out-
lined in this Agreement. Regular temporary package drivers who
may work one (1) day in a week will be given a full week’s credit
towards progression.

That's how they do'em here.
Wait seriously? Ive been driving everyday, every week the last 3 years cover driver.

Zowert

If the end goal is RPCD, go 22.4 as soon as possible. You need seniority to win bids, better start sooner than later. I have yet to see a 22.4 with more than 18 months seniority, they’re usually bumped up to RPCD before then.

If money is a concern, then wait until you top out.

If the end goal is RPCD, go 22.4 as soon as possible. You need seniority to win bids, better start sooner than later. I have yet to see a 22.4 with more than 18 months seniority, they’re usually bumped up to RPCD before then.

If money is a concern, then wait until you top out.
But if we head into recession you would hate to not have that full time seniority.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I’m Western Pennsylvania supplemental Agreement. I’ve been reg temp since I was hired in 2017 and been driving 5-6 days a week (45-60 hours a week) for 3 years.
There's the problem with this great union- if you are working that many hours you should be full-time. Chime in Big Union Man...

Sixth Punch Sense

I’m 3 years into my reg temp progression…drive 5-6 days a week.

I’m being pressed to take a 22.4 but my understanding is that I’ll cap out at a lower rate (22.4) than if I passed on it and got to my reg temp top rate and then took a 22.4 (as I’d get to keep my reg temp top rate in the 22.4). Is that correct? Would you pass on the 22.4 and hold out for the top rate since it’s higher than the 22.4 top rate?
yes