willfulspore

Hey everyone, new user here. I wanted to ask if anyone knows about a 30 day policy I've heard about.
I got put in a new position (designated responder, yeah) that I initially agreed to, but it's been about 3 weeks in terms of work days, and I hate it.
Some old dogs mentioned that if I let management know within 30 days of being in my new position that I no longer want that position, I can refuse it. Is this a true policy?
I'l be talking with my superior regardless, but my upper-man is a little on the loco and I'd be more comfortable with a solid policy on my back before confronting him about it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hey everyone, new user here. I wanted to ask if anyone knows about a 30 day policy I've heard about.
I got put in a new position (designated responder, yeah) that I initially agreed to, but it's been about 3 weeks in terms of work days, and I hate it.
Some old dogs mentioned that if I let management know within 30 days of being in my new position that I no longer want that position, I can refuse it. Is this a true policy?
I'l be talking with my superior regardless, but my upper-man is a little on the loco and I'd be more comfortable with a solid policy on my back before confronting him about it.
Yes. You can give up the spot and go to your old one.

john chesney

What is a designated responder and what job did you leave?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

If they put you through Hazmat class expect them to get pissed

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
SWRF81
I know. Your the most helpful person on this site to people honestly. You give good info, I’m just sayin.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes, the contract spells out how to give up the responder job. Since you are in your 30 days you may be able to give it up without the formalities. I don't blame you, never enjoyed it personally.