30 day probationary period almost ending, questions.

Northern New York New Guy

22-4 Combo Driver
I spent my 30 years w/UPS 5+ hours north of the Bronx.

I can’t imagine your mileage. 210ish deliveries with 17-27 pickups is around 37 miles round trip trace for us. We get one third ghetto areas, one third Hasidic Jew areas, and one third rich suburban areas with long driveways. I currently work off a highway and do dealerships and quite a few businesses up and down it along with homes.

Northern New York New Guy

22-4 Combo Driver

More accurate than you might think, being Jewish myself, I fully understand why people feel how they do toward them because I do too, they’re extremely rude beyond belief and try to hand me packages with no shipping labels constantly. They rarely even respond to me when I talk to them. Once I just out speaking fluent Hebrew, they open up to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can’t imagine your mileage. 210ish deliveries with 17-27 pickups is around 37 miles round trip trace for us. We get one third ghetto areas, one third Hasidic Jew areas, and one third rich suburban areas with long driveways. I currently work off a highway and do dealerships and quite a few businesses up and down it along with homes.

On my last bid route I averaged 50 miles per day. We had some areas that were in the 250 mile range.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did 265 stops 28 miles on Friday.

Wouldn't expect anything less from you!

I drove 10 miles, answered the phone 50 times, processed 10 drop off appointments, scheduled 20 tax prep appointments, answered 10 emails, issued one replacement Emerald Card, ate my lunch at my desk, drove 10 miles back home.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would not run around telling everyone how many days you have left for seniority because there will be someone who makes sure you don't make it.

Keep your mouth shut and smile a lot.

Back in the day they used to keep track of that very closely and it was not uncommon to send someone home on their 29th day.