30 days dragging..

john chesney

Graduated school feb 8. First three days at center, feb 27, 28, and March 1. March 6 was my 1st day alone on the 6 1/2 Route (did in 8 hrs) Ive not worked since March 6. Been told they had to finish safety rides by end of March for all regulars, supervisors backed up and busy. No time to train. I was told one casual who started week before me hasn’t worked and they have one graduating school that they are gonna have to make wait. Told by April should be able to get back on track. Lost drivers to feeders and retirement. Is my 30 days out of 60 working days still counting no matter what? It doesn’t reset right? Feb 27, my first day will stay and they can’t say oh, been a month or three weeks have to start over... just want to make sure there isn’t any loopholes I’m unware of so not screwed over. I was reassured still employed and still going to get me qualified but just still uneasy feeling. if I’m on own on route, the supervisors still spend that much time “training” if I should be getting an 8 hour day by self. I know they check tablets or computer to see how doing. I had a reminder call about an air saver for a business. Other than that no interaction throughout the day. Any insight from past experience would be helpful. Thank alot guys.
How in the hell are you going to make it 30 years? Relax

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its been 4 years so its a little foggy but i went on my 30 and 30 days later i was a driver. Then again 4 years ago amazon wasnt delivering in my area and there was work for me everyday
Edit 30 working days if memory serves
Yeah because there's not plenty of work now....

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
my first day was a complete joke i had help from 5 different drivers and was out after dark in the summer, about quit my first day lol. I didnt know how to turn on the diad lights or the interior cab lights so i could see the packages.

Dude, there are huge buttons on the front panel that says cargo lights.

Failing that just do what I did my first day, I pushed every button I saw to see what it did. My package car looked like a disco that morning.

sikidiki

Dude, there are huge buttons on the front panel that says cargo lights.

Failing that just do what I did my first day, I pushed every button I saw to see what it did. My package car looked like a disco that morning.

My package car had no such thing, it was the teeny metal flip switch above the bulkhead door, it was an oldie! haha

UPSCOMPLETESME

So haven’t worked. Got HR involved. Next day told this Thursday 10am meeting w supes and HR at center. Called union. Union spoke to DM. He said not good fit for driver (didn’t elaborate), but like me and want to offer me some sort of other position in a different capacity. Union person also said since not in union they can do really whatever they want. I only had one day by self. Six in half hours planned day. Done in eight hours fifteen min. Idk how they can think or come to conclusion of that. No late airs or late pick ups. I guess I’ll see what Thursday brings...

So did they end up making you a supervisor?

Nj187

New position created, offered me. Part time on car supe in another building. BS reasons about not driver ready. Said drove rental all peak, should know ups package car better. Said most drivers had two peaks under belt before regular. Said good “fit” for management. Any other buildings have part time on car supes?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

New position created, offered me. Part time on car supe in another building. BS reasons about not driver ready. Said drove rental all peak, should know ups package car better. Said most drivers had two peaks under belt before regular. Said good “fit” for management. Any other buildings have part time on car supes?

I have never heard of a PT on car sup but that doesn't mean that the position does not exist.

Perhaps they were concerned that your repeated use of incomplete sentences was an indicator of what kind of job you would do as a driver.

UPSCOMPLETESME

U drove a rental during peak? So they had you doing post offices and bulk deliveries? Are you going back to the other building you started in as pt supervisor?

UPSCOMPLETESME

Did you drive the 24 footer during peak?

Nj187

I drove a budget truck, rental. I had half of someone’s route. I Drove UPS package car last two weeks of peak. Yes, I’ll be back in previous building worked, do not know which center yet.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, lemme get this straight

You can’t actually do the job so we’re gonna go ahead and let you train other folks how to do the job

SMFH!!!