30 days dragging..

Heavy Package

Ive not worked since March 6. Been told they had to finish safety rides by end of March for all regulars, supervisors backed up and busy.[/QUOTE

Can anyone name one other company that screws with its employees like UPS? No communication, no set schedule, etc.

Add this cluster on scheduling, working consecutive days, etc. as something that should be cleaned up this contract.

Nj187

I know not in union but rep came to me first day. Stated if need anything call. Been three weeks and was told by manager end of week let me know if next week we are good to continue. Only did three days w a supe and one day self. March 6 last day. Call weekly to check up. Was already told April start again normal, but Monday when called was told end of week call to see if next week is good. First week of April. Was casual in another building during peak. Got hired for building never worked. They only know me from driver test and four days worked so far. Is it normal to graduate class feb 8 and it’s now end of March and only worked 4 days in building (to qualify). Mind you it’s NJ. Not a quiet area. Just confused. Discouraged.

Nj187

I know not in union but rep came to me first day. Stated if need anything call. Been three weeks and was told by manager end of week let me know if next week we are good to continue. Only did three days w a supe and one day self. March 6 last day. Call weekly to check up. Was already told April start again normal, but Monday when called was told end of week call to see if next week is good. First week of April. Was casual in another building during peak. Got hired for building never worked. They only know me from driver test and four days worked so far. Is it normal to graduate class feb 8 and it’s now end of March and only worked 4 days in building (to qualify). Mind you it’s NJ. Not a quiet area. Just confused. Discouraged.

Also was told week and half ago not only one. New guy just graduated school. He’s working and another person started week before me hasn’t worked. Guy who started w me is working but cuz he was a part time to full time. Also told me losing people to feeders and retirements and just a lot going on so have to be patient to get me my time.....

Nj187

He’s not working * (guy who graduated school ) typo

Rick718

If I remember correctly The 8 hour day starts in the 8th or 9th day. It’s in ur training book they have to follow it and that when a supervisor have to go out with you again... u have to do. The 6.5 hour day a few more times 1st
My first day by myself I was given an 8hr + day I finished in 10 165 stops with only 3 days on the job

sikidiki

my first day was a complete joke i had help from 5 different drivers and was out after dark in the summer, about quit my first day lol. I didnt know how to turn on the diad lights or the interior cab lights so i could see the packages.

Nj187

So haven’t worked. Got HR involved. Next day told this Thursday 10am meeting w supes and HR at center. Called union. Union spoke to DM. He said not good fit for driver (didn’t elaborate), but like me and want to offer me some sort of other position in a different capacity. Union person also said since not in union they can do really whatever they want. I only had one day by self. Six in half hours planned day. Done in eight hours fifteen min. Idk how they can think or come to conclusion of that. No late airs or late pick ups. I guess I’ll see what Thursday brings...

UPSCOMPLETESME

So haven’t worked. Got HR involved. Next day told this Thursday 10am meeting w supes and HR at center. Called union. Union spoke to DM. He said not good fit for driver (didn’t elaborate), but like me and want to offer me some sort of other position in a different capacity. Union person also said since not in union they can do really whatever they want. I only had one day by self. Six in half hours planned day. Done in eight hours fifteen min. Idk how they can think or come to conclusion of that. No late airs or late pick ups. I guess I’ll see what Thursday brings...

Did you have to deal with a supervisor with the initials ‘MR’ there?