30 days dragging..

Nj187

Graduated school feb 8. First three days at center, feb 27, 28, and March 1. March 6 was my 1st day alone on the 6 1/2 Route (did in 8 hrs) Ive not worked since March 6. Been told they had to finish safety rides by end of March for all regulars, supervisors backed up and busy. No time to train. I was told one casual who started week before me hasn’t worked and they have one graduating school that they are gonna have to make wait. Told by April should be able to get back on track. Lost drivers to feeders and retirement. Is my 30 days out of 60 working days still counting no matter what? It doesn’t reset right? Feb 27, my first day will stay and they can’t say oh, been a month or three weeks have to start over... just want to make sure there isn’t any loopholes I’m unware of so not screwed over. I was reassured still employed and still going to get me qualified but just still uneasy feeling. if I’m on own on route, the supervisors still spend that much time “training” if I should be getting an 8 hour day by self. I know they check tablets or computer to see how doing. I had a reminder call about an air saver for a business. Other than that no interaction throughout the day. Any insight from past experience would be helpful. Thank alot guys.

Nj187

Oh so technically can take up to four in a half months give or take. 30 working days out of 90. Always thought was 60 for some reason.. thAnks. Feel a little better

It sucks but we have all gone through it.

As long as I know I’m still employed and not getting the “okie doKe.” I can manage and “Weather the storm.” Just wanted some reassurance from all you seasoned vets who have been there, done that. Thanks again.

MrBrown

Its been 4 years so its a little foggy but i went on my 30 and 30 days later i was a driver. Then again 4 years ago amazon wasnt delivering in my area and there was work for me everyday
Edit 30 working days if memory serves

UPSCOMPLETESME

Why do you have to wait until supervisors become available to start driving again? You went with a. Supervisor the first 3 days already and started going on your own after that .. am I missing something?

Nj187

I worked my fourth day alone. Haven’t worked since the fourth day. Thats what my initial statement was about. I don’t get why they can’t put me on road or how the stuff they need to catch up or complete by end of month has to do with my 30 days. Idk. Guess just have to keep riding it out.

UPSCOMPLETESME

I know people that are doing their 30 days , first 3 days are with a supervisor after that u are on your own and no supervisor need to be available unless. You messed up and they feel you need additional training ...

Nj187

Well I was told they were working on getting me my first eight hour day but with the snow today they couldn’t do it. So told me have to wait til next week or two. So don’t think my performance was the issue.

UPSCOMPLETESME

If I remember correctly The 8 hour day starts in the 8th or 9th day. It’s in ur training book they have to follow it and that when a supervisor have to go out with you again... u have to do. The 6.5 hour day a few more times 1st

Nj187

If I remember correctly The 8 hour day starts in the 8th or 9th day. It’s in ur training book they have to follow it and that when a supervisor have to go out with you again... u have to do. The 6.5 hour day a few more times 1st

That’s what I thought but my manager claimed my six in a half hour days counted with the supervisor even though did one six in a half hour day alone. Meaning that I’m good Noel do 8 hours day. Didn’t seem right to me

luckster

Guess I’ll see whenever I get called back to continue.
Did they say when you get a call back you get to drive alone again or with supervisor? What’s the xtra training for - did they say? If I were you I would speak to your union rep. It doesn’t seem right

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
BuRubbACEAACn9W.jpg