30 days probationary period

Mo19072

hey guys. So I have been an air driver since January after I drove seasonal during peak. I have doing well and making scratch and my center manager is satisfied. I was told I will be startingmy 30 days in two weeks to qualify for full time and I was also told which trip Iwill be given.
I have been looking on Orion at that tripfor the whole week and it has the most number of stops every time I checked.Always over 170 stops.
I am a bit nervous since I’ve never donea trip that long. Even during peak I had business bulks and apartment complexesno houses.
Are they supposed to give me one of theheaviest trips as I’m trying to qualify? And the driver who last had it also wason his probationary period and he didn’t make it which made me more nervous. The dispatcher recommended it for mebecause that’s where I’ve been delivering my house airs as a part timer and hethought I already know the area. Mycenter manager thinks I can do it but only because my numbers were goodduring peak and as a part timer.
I was thinking to spend the weekenddriving around the area.
And do I have to make scratch every day during probation or as long as I progress by the 30th day?
Any advice is appreciated.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
hey guys. So I have been an air driver since January after I drove seasonal during peak. I have doing well and making scratch and my center manager is satisfied. I was told I will be startingmy 30 days in two weeks to qualify for full time and I was also told which trip Iwill be given.
I have been looking on Orion at that tripfor the whole week and it has the most number of stops every time I checked.Always over 170 stops.
I am a bit nervous since I’ve never donea trip that long. Even during peak I had business bulks and apartment complexesno houses.
Are they supposed to give me one of theheaviest trips as I’m trying to qualify? And the driver who last had it also wason his probationary period and he didn’t make it which made me more nervous. The dispatcher recommended it for mebecause that’s where I’ve been delivering my house airs as a part timer and hethought I already know the area. Mycenter manager thinks I can do it but only because my numbers were goodduring peak and as a part timer.
I was thinking to spend the weekenddriving around the area.
And do I have to make scratch every day during probation or as long as I progress by the 30th day?
Any advice is appreciated.

Take a deep breath you will be fine.
You will be in a tighter delivery area on a set route than you were doing air.
You dont have to run scratch every day, just show improvement and here it is run scratch five consecutive days during your 30 day period.
You will make mistakes, everyone does. Just own up to them and dont try to hide anything.
Good luck to you

Zowert

You’re going to be overwhelmed. It’s just how it is during your 30. Relax and follow the methods. You’ll be fine. At least you have experience going in to this. Most drivers starting out do not. Best of luck to you, I hope it works out.

Methods Man

DONT HIT ANYTHING. Show improvement and work your butt off. Sort your truck on your breaks. Above all remember to breathe and take it one stop at a time.

Might be a good idea to get with the normal bus driver and see if he has any advice for you and exchange phone numbers if you get in a pinch on route.

Goodluck!

Mo19072

I appreciate your advices. I’m mostly anxious because the driver who had this trip was just disqualified and he drove Six months longer than I did. I guess he might not have been the right person for the job. Thanks again

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I appreciate your advices. I’m mostly anxious because the driver who had this trip was just disqualified and he drove Six months longer than I did. I guess he might not have been the right person for the job. Thanks again

Oh boy, that doesn’t sound good