30 drivers+ layed off in Suffolk building?

local804

I just heard from a steward there is a layoff list in the suffolk building for everyone with 5 or less years next week. That building was using helpers 2 weeks ago and I find it very odd that this measure had to be taken. There is no layoffs in any of the 5 buildings surrounding this building and I was wondering if anyone know why this step was implemented. Anyone know anything about it? Does it have anything to do with the Stonybrook supervisor that got caught fudging numbers last week when a driver seen something wrong with his stop count on the reports?

trouble maker

The magic pen strikes again LOL:surprised:
I just heard from a steward there is a layoff list in the suffolk building for everyone with 5 or less years next week. That building was using helpers 2 weeks ago and I find it very odd that this measure had to be taken. There is no layoffs in any of the 5 buildings surrounding this building and I was wondering if anyone know why this step was implemented. Anyone know anything about it? Does it have anything to do with the Stonybrook supervisor that got caught fudging numbers last week when a driver seen something wrong with his stop count on the reports?

Skippy262

Our building had asked drivers to volunteer to a week off with no pay. i think 8 driver took the week off with no pay but they were senior drivers not low senority drivers.

local804

Negative Cino
your LIC building uses building seniority for layoffs.
btw, if there ever was a driver layed off, he wouldnt have a problem bumping down into the Preload.

local804

layoffs goes by senority not by building

1.building seniority(not center)
2.Lowest guy/girl in building(if no work) can transfer to another building in district as long as someone in other building has less time.

lay offs are per suppliments and will be different through the US

Pollocknbrown

1.building seniority(not center)
2.Lowest guy/girl in building(if no work) can transfer to another building in district as long as someone in other building has less time.

lay offs are per suppliments and will be different through the US

804 is that just in your suppliment or throughout the whole country?

rocket man

keep skipping lunch, keep going home on mondays burrning up your option days. TELL THEM I WANT MY 8 HOURS .5 OR 6 iF YOU STAY IN HUB THEY WILL GET THE MESSAGE Real QUICK. Theres no room for lay offs. 804 your real tough now - show it . the union drivers from the past and present fought so there will not be lay offs. tell these so called on roads who use to be sub standared drivers eat me. we're staying, we're gonna run the misloads, we're gonn do the ndas, you stay in the hub lay your self off or we will bombard you with so much blue paper thats all you'll have time to worry about. I grew up in LI nassau cty. I'm IN FL I'm in trouble now I've been going to panels win or lose at least I know I tried. So you active full time package drives dont give up. work together on this problem. there's not so much team work in central fl.

Skippy262

In our building like i said they asked if any drivers would care for a week off with no pay and they started at the top of seniorty. 8 driver took this week off with no pay. (RLO).
I can't believe that drivers would volunteer to take a week off with no pay.

UPS Lifer

Unless the company has made major changes to the issue of seniority. Layoffs go by SLIC or operation. Unless the building is one center. Each center would layoff accordingly. An easy way to compare it is the same way you pick vacations is the same way the layoffs occur...only from the bottom of the list first.

upsdude

We have 65 drivers on the seniority list in my building. Last week management asked if anyone would like this past week off as a “Lay Off”. In the same breath they said you could be called in to work so don’t go anywhere. Sorry, if you’re going to ask me to take a week off I’m taking the week without interruption. A couple senior guys volunteered but were turned down. Management refuses to train the newer folks for coverage so no one would have been available to cover the routes. 4 less senior folks took their sick days and were off for the week.