30 Minute Break Problem (Mass.Only?)

Star B

White Lightening
late air freight, late shuttle, airplane circling the airport because the last plane that landed reported BRAP (braking action poor), power outage, technology outage, belt outage.

Freight Not In My Truck is what it boils down to.

Preventable

Please tell me you are aware that they can't make you take a break while waiting for freight and you choose to.

Oh I know half the time I want to though, the other half I chose my battle. The time I really challenge management is when they try to give me a light route and then assign me a dumpster ass pickup route. Ok sure... but I need more work I don't want to take a 2 hour break... Manager: Sorry but we don't have anymore work... Me: If we are so well staffed send this pup route to some one else... Manager: Well uhm we cant uhmm welll blah blah blah... I will put up with it 1-2 times but then I know how the route runs. If they send me out with a route where I can have 75 stops done before 3 and it has 60 stops and they want me to cover pups I will tell them I need more work or to give the pups away.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh I know half the time I want to though, the other half I chose my battle. The time I really challenge management is when they try to give me a light route and then assign me a dumpster ass pickup route. Ok sure... but I need more work I don't want to take a 2 hour break... Manager: Sorry but we don't have anymore work... Me: If we are so well staffed send this pup route to some one else... Manager: Well uhm we cant uhmm welll blah blah blah... I will put up with it 1-2 times but then I know how the route runs. If they send me out with a route where I can have 75 stops done before 3 and it has 60 stops and they want me to cover pups I will tell them I need more work or to give the pups away.
I never battle on taking a break during the sort. I either laugh when they suggest it or say, Y'all know good and well I'm no rookie and walk away. That simple.

Purplepackage

here at my station we took only 30 for 20 plus years then a of a sudden a new regime comes in and now its an hour any thing over 8. Sucks

I would always take 30 whenever I felt the need and ask forgiveness later.

At Fedex it is always easier to do what you think is best and deal with it later.

If you ask it'll always be a no, if you just do it chances are they wont even care