340 methods

Overpaid Union Thug

That's exactly what they are doing on each driver. 3 day "lock in rides". And sup has stated that every driver in center will scratch everyday or will get disciplined.
A "lock in ride" is nothing but an extra contract agreement by another name. And the only way they'll ever get every driver to scratch every day is to adjust the center's time allowances to allow for it. Since fudging numbers are managements specialty I believe the latter will be the end result in your center. If anything at all.

jaker

trolling
We're going live in 30 days. We were told the old days of 30"and 60" selection areas are no longer applicable. Out the door along with customer service.
I was just told that you are supposed to move the shelf forward , so your 30/60 is always on the 1,2,3,4 shelf

So when you are nearing the end of the 1000 you start bringing the 5000 up and so on

Oh and you are supposed to do all that in 19sec including delivering the stop

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I was just told that you are supposed to move the shelf forward , so your 30/60 is always on the 1,2,3,4 shelf

So when you are nearing the end of the 1000 you start bringing the 5000 up and so on

When they installed PAS EDD they told us not to sort our loads, because they would already be loaded better than we could load ourselves. Then the misloads became an issue and they got tired of all that. Now they want us to sort the whole thing as soon as we can move around in there. Some stuff they learn the hard way and some just make up as they go along.

Boulevard859710

When they installed PAS EDD they told us not to sort our loads, because they would already be loaded better than we could load ourselves. Then the misloads became an issue and they got tired of all that. Now they want us to sort the whole thing as soon as we can move around in there. Some stuff they learn the hard way and some just make up as they go along.
I remember the good old days before preload when I loaded my own stuff. Some days I'm so pissed at the quality that I tell the Pre load Sup to just put my stuff in a corner and I'll come in a half hour early and load it myself.
I'm in a small center.

Indecisi0n

That's going to be very difficult being that Orion doesn't complete the 1000 shelf until the end of the day.

Dr.Brownz

It is impossible to know, let alone follow, all of the methods. What I do is try and concentrate on safety related methods and methods that make my day go smoother. The rest are more or less arbitrary and management tends to avoid putting emphasis on them anyway.

The best way to combat this is for every steward in every center to ask for copies of the methods for each driver. Then tell the drivers to follow as many methods as they can throughout the day. Once each center's numbers are shot to hell management will re-think their position on using the methods as harassment.

Plus, with ORION there are already some conflicting instructions/opinions on the methods. So that makes things interesting.

We already "do the methods" here. Management and our driver group have reached an unspoken understanding that they can :censored2: off and lighten our loads or everyone will "use the methods" and turn a 9.5 hour planned day into a 12-13 hour fiasco. This was pioneered by our current steward and 5 other drivers back when our center had a total of 20 drivers (20 years ago).

In spite of this we still have pusillanimous drivers who will let management intimidate them. Stand together brothers and sisters

Boulevard859710

We already "do the methods" here. Management and our driver group have reached an unspoken understanding that they can :censored2: off and lighten our loads or everyone will "use the methods" and turn a 9.5 hour planned day into a 12-13 hour fiasco. This was pioneered by our current steward and 5 other drivers back when our center had a total of 20 drivers (20 years ago).

In spite of this we still have pusillanimous drivers who will let management intimidate them. Stand together brothers and sisters
I would be fine with using the methods if the loaders would load the :censored2: in the proper order/ together. I'm tired of finding 5/6 7/8 etc. and having to go back later.

GoodBoots

It's all about the Horn, the Horn I say. Getting chewed out by a sup for not using your horn is not half as bad as the young mothers rath for waking the baby. But then again she doesn't give you a warning letter.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Nothing says "Rookie" like the horn. When I first started driving there were businesses on my training area that would laugh upon hearing me honk, like they were gonna come running out to help, haha. But I know, you gotta strike the balance somewhere between Clarkville and the real world.

GoodBoots

I'm a 26 year veteran and received a warning letter from my 30 year old sup 2 weeks ago for failing to perform the proper methods. Drivers beware, put that horn on a loop so it sounds Every 10 seconds. It seems to be the flavor of the month in our center right now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm a 26 year veteran and received a warning letter from my 30 year old sup 2 weeks ago for failing to perform the proper methods. Drivers beware, put that horn on a loop so it sounds Every 10 seconds. It seems to be the flavor of the month in our center right now.

I am also a 26 year veteran and received a "talking to" from my center manager after he and the on-car did an observation on me for not blowing the horn at commercial stops.