3rd Vote

C

chuchu

Honestly, I like Stonefish's approach to reasoning with people who don't agree with him on an issue.

Ez$5150(<) needs to socialize more often here....not just before we vote on something so maybe he can learn to talk with respect to others that don't agree with his hypothesis (no they don't swim) for what every other UPSer must believe...in his opinion.
Sorry, that was lecturing.

C

chuchu

Is it that hard for you to explain just a little on what the hang ups are. That would eliminate a lot of the tension you have created among other posters. I would just like to know some of the stuff you guys are hung up on for future reference. Thanks
Go back to August and read them. That will save time. Also, we would like the part timers to be able to split up at least one vacation week into single day vacation days. That way we would be able to schedule people to know which days the sups will be working. It'll be on a schedule now. Much more efficient.

ezmoney5150

Honestly, I like Stonefish's approach to reasoning with people who don't agree with him on an issue.

Ez$5150(<) needs to socialize more often here....not just before we vote on something so maybe he can learn to talk with respect to others that don't agree with his hypothesis (no they don't swim) for what every other UPSer must believe...in his opinion.
Sorry, that was lecturing.
I could parse your posts and say you're not respectful too. But if I'm going to get up on my soap box and throw my opinions out there I shouldn't cry when I get criticized. And I don't. I have thick skin.

The reason I don't post on here all the time is I can only handle so much negativity. I feel I'm lucky to have this job and be represented by this union. I tend to think outside the box. Some people on here can't figure out when they have it pretty good. I mean If you told me that I would make the money I make to drive a truck listen to Howard Stern all day and smoke cigars I would have told you to change what you're smoking in that pipe.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Pkgcar1988

I would like a lot of things for part timers also. I worked my way up from preload and know that they deserve more than they receive. The problem is anymore you can't get them to vote on anything and stand up for themselves. I truly believe that if our part timers would have taken the time to care and vote that this contract would not have passed.

ezmoney5150

If they freeze my pay...then they better freeze my stop count! Ive been there many years myself, But every time I get a 3% raise....I get a 6% raise In my stop count!!
Spoken like someone afraid to file a 9.5 grievance. I hear this all the time from people I used to work with in pkgs. If I file they'll harass me. So file another one for harassment. That's a weak argument. I've found that people who are afraid to file are people who have skeletons in their closet. Don't sheet pkgs correctly, don't use the handrail. Or they're bonus drivers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Spoken like someone afraid to file a 9.5 grievance. I hear this all the time from people I used to work with in pkgs. If I file they'll harass me. So file another one for harassment. That's a weak argument. I've found that people who are afraid to file are people who have skeletons in their closet. Don't sheet pkgs correctly, don't use the handrail. Or they're bonus drivers.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ive filed and won several 9.5. grievances. You know nothing...crawl back Into your A hole...troll.

C

chuchu

I would like a lot of things for part timers also. I worked my way up from preload and know that they deserve more than they receive. The problem is anymore you can't get them to vote on anything and stand up for themselves. I truly believe that if our part timers would have taken the time to care and vote that this contract would not have passed.
Brother, you only have so many days on this side of the grass...alive, that is... and you've got to decide if you're a sheep or a shepherd. Take a stand for the people around you and see what happens. Great gains don't always come easily.

C

chuchu

Sent using BrownCafe App
So what's your point?

Inthegame

Also, we would like the part timers to be able to split up at least one vacation week into single day vacation days. That way we would be able to schedule people to know which days the sups will be working. It'll be on a schedule now. Much more efficient.
How would this work? Single day coverage for FT's comes from PT's. Where would the coverage come from for PT's?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Brother, you only have so many days on this side of the grass...alive, that is... and you've got to decide if you're a sheep or a shepherd. Take a stand for the people around you and see what happens. Great gains don't always come easily.
Do you think you are going to change something? Honestly? Or is this an obsession? Where do you think this will end up chu? If Ohio gets settled what's next for you? Louisville ?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
How would this work? Single day coverage for FT's comes from PT's. Where would the coverage come from for PT's?
Who know? How do you reason with people who are unreasonable? You are obviously a very smart man. How do you reason with this? Give us some advice Yoda. I'm not seeing much wisdom on here. What do you think?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh. You're so wrong. Unlike you I can see the forest through the trees. When I see how much other companies including our mgt are paying and that I don't have premium co pays I see I'm doing pretty good.
We don't work for other companies we aren't management. We are the largest private union in the USA I believe. I'm sorry but that should bring enough bargaining power to where concessions aren't the norm.

Pkgcar1988

I've have and always will stick up for the people around me, above and below, but when you try and inform people about important stuff and how important it is to vote and they don't, you come to a point where you tend not to try and keep people informed.

C

chuchu

Do you think you are going to change something? Honestly? Or is this an obsession? Where do you think this will end up chu? If Ohio gets settled what's next for you? Louisville ?
When Ohio gets settled we'll beat our swords into plows and go back to work.

Its not an obsession friend. I don't even like to be in this mess. I'd rather be delivering in the middle of a contract than at the end of one. I respect you but if you want to demean me by throwing in the Louisville jab I'll try to overlook it for friendship sake.

C

chuchu

I've have and always will stick up for the people around me, above and below, but when you try and inform people about important stuff and how important it is to vote and they don't, you come to a point where you tend not to try and keep people informed.
I know. We all know. That probably was me at that age too. We can only do our best. The rest is up to the members to make their voice heard.