3rd Vote

Anonymous 12

Non active member
When Ohio gets settled we'll beat our swords into plows and go back to work.

Its not an obsession friend. I don't even like to be in this mess. I'd rather be delivering in the middle of a contract than at the end of one. I respect you but if you want to demean me by throwing in the Louisville jab I'll try to overlook it for friendship sake.
There is nothing demeaning about it. It was a series of questions. Where are you going to go next. I guess you answered it friend. Not trying to be a dick just trying to understand.

C

chuchu

Even in summer weeks? Some centers don't have an on call list, those that do work when PT's cover single FT days. But that was a proposal we sent up to the Central.
That was a great proposal. Thanks. It's nice to hear that.
We hire seasonal inside pt timers from May 1-Labor Day. We normally have people on call.....if HR is timely for us.

C

chuchu

There is nothing demeaning about it. It was a series of questions. Where are you going to go next. I guess you answered it friend. Not trying to be a dick just trying to understand.
Why would I go to Louisville?
And we'll overlook your "sheep" crack about anyone who makes an informed decision to accept this agreement.
What post and date was that?

Pkgcar1988

Chuchu, I hope you guys get this figured out and that you are truly satisfied with the outcome. I hope it comes out in your favor. Thanks for the info and try and keep us informed on how things go. Thanks again.

C

chuchu

Brother, you only have so many days on this side of the grass...alive, that is... and you've got to decide if you're a sheep or a shepherd. Take a stand for the people around you and see what happens. Great gains don't always come easily.
If that's the post you're referring to it was meant to compare followers and leaders and had nothing to do with the TA. It was a general statement about life.

Inthegame

Brother, you only have so many days on this side of the grass...alive, that is... and you've got to decide if you're a sheep or a shepherd. Take a stand for the people around you and see what happens. Great gains don't always come easily.
Right here. The insinuation I took is if one thinks your way they're shepards. But those guys that have been elected to leadership positions and have dedicated their lives to helping each union member, and now have collectively decided to recommend this offer, have turned into sell out sheep. These guys have been taking stands for folks around them a lot longer than nearly every viewer of these pages.

C

chuchu

Chuchu, I hope you guys get this figured out and that you are truly satisfied with the outcome. I hope it comes out in your favor. Thanks for the info and try and keep us informed on how things go. Thanks again.
Have a great week. No one person has all the answers here and at this stage.

We are considering the pros and cons.
Were doing our best, one day at a time and when this is finally over we'll all be wiser. The next TA will not be like this one has been. We hope.

O/C

I could parse your posts and say you're not respectful too. But if I'm going to get up on my soap box and throw my opinions out there I shouldn't cry when I get criticized. And I don't. I have thick skin.

The reason I don't post on here all the time is I can only handle so much negativity. I feel I'm lucky to have this job and be represented by this union. I tend to think outside the box. Some people on here can't figure out when they have it pretty good. I mean If you told me that I would make the money I make to drive a truck listen to Howard Stern all day and smoke cigars I would have told you to change what you're smoking in that pipe.
Right here. The insinuation I took is if one thinks your way they're shepards. But those guys that have been elected to leadership positions and have dedicated their lives to helping each union member, and now have collectively decided to recommend this offer, have turned into sell out sheep. These guys have been taking stands for folks around them a lot longer than nearly every viewer of these pages.
You want to bet?

C

chuchu

I hope you read my response. It wasn't a comparison of union leadership to dissenters. It was about being a leader and getting involved in the issues that affect your life.

It is a much bigger deal than this contract is and that in a matter of days will be over and will mean a whole lot less than it does today.

Inthegame

I hope you read my response. It wasn't a comparison of union leadership to dissenters. It was about being a leader and getting involved in the issues that affect your life.

It is a much bigger deal than this contract is and that in a matter of days will be over and will mean a whole lot less than it does today.
I read your post, but my gas fired pilot on the oldest laptop in existence went out and I had trouble finding matches. I'd have a beer with you any day of the week if you'd only come back to the dark side of alcohol consumption. Oh well I'll just have one for you...

C

chuchu

I read your post, but my gas fired pilot on the oldest laptop in existence went out and I had trouble finding matches. I'd have a beer with you any day of the week if you'd only come back to the dark side of alcohol consumption. Oh well I'll just have one for you...
You wouldn't have liked me when I was drinking.
The only person that willingly stood beside me back then was an attorney at $200.00/hr. Lol

Have a great night. I'm done....for now.

Stonefish

because i don't agree with a switch to teamcare, or four year progression.oh and by the way where are the 22.3's? now why did you vote yes, because you drank some koolaid? or are you weak
What 22.3's are you talking about? Are you missing some in your local? If so has a grievance been filed

Stonefish

okay ez money, we in ohio will carve out our own health plan and you can settle for teamcare, and go ahead and use you're retro check to have a teamcare doctor help you remove you're head from ...
A carve out in Ohio is not responsible to the brothers and sisters in Ohio. There are 3 locals in the state that already have their own plans. One other local had their own plan several years ago and it didn't work out for them and they had to go into another plan because they couldn't pay the bills for the members so they opted into another and pay a premium co pay. Did you see what the west had to do to get their carve out?

Stonefish

His analogy is equal to taking your wife shopping for a new car and the salesperson says "you can have this junk 1978 Plymouth for $1000.00 and no weekly or monthly payment or you can have this new Audi R8 for $50.00 per week with no money down".

Ezmundane5150 drives off with the Plymouth and the AM station is cranking!

Forest for the trees. Forest for the trees.
I think I'll go play logos with my grandson. His babble makes more sense.
What's wrong with a Plymouth

Stonefish

Honestly, I like Stonefish's approach to reasoning with people who don't agree with him on an issue.

Ez$5150(<) needs to socialize more often here....not just before we vote on something so maybe he can learn to talk with respect to others that don't agree with his hypothesis (no they don't swim) for what every other UPSer must believe...in his opinion.
Sorry, that was lecturing.
You like me? You made my night brother

Stonefish

Look at your stop count now...and your stop count from 25 -30 years ago...did your pay, go up as fast as your stop count?? Yes we make more money...but we do a hell of alot more work for It.
There is no doubt we do a lot more than 30 years ago. 30 years ago packages were sheeted on paper. They didn't have PAS. They didn't have EDD they didn't have Telematics. They didn't have ORION. They didn't have the key fobs. A lot has changed over the last 30 years including stop counts after all the technology. We earn every penny of what we make. Especially with the crappy winter we have had. They could put 400 stops on my car but my obligation is a fair days work.