4 drivers quit in 1 center

I GOT ONE MORE

Happiness comes from within the person.
I, like Upstate have known many happy people that did not make that much money and I know several people who make much more than we make at UPS who are not happy.

Once the basic needs of life are met, the rest is just fluff. Fluff can be nice but it will not make an unhappy person happy.

I do not disagree. You and upstate have very valid viewpoints. I, too, know similar people. I'm not trying to be shallow and disingenuous.

Perhaps what I should have said was ...... Money makes you more of what you already are.

If you are a punk, money makes you a huge punk, if you are a happy person, then more money will make you more happy.

It does start from within, money just amplifies it.

purplesky

Wow upstate! It might be time for you to step away from the keyboard for a year or two. You seem to have an unhealthy addiction to this message board. No i am not joking! Are you one guy actually using this board all the time? You still havent made a point by the way. But please allow me to apologize for insulting your exsistence as a long time upser by wishing other people well who realized that working for ups is not a good thing in 2010. Sorry dude if i struck a chord.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow upstate! It might be time for you to step away from the keyboard for a year or two. You seem to have an unhealthy addiction to this meesage board. No i am not joking! Are you one guy actually using this board all the time? You still havent made a point by the way. But please allow me to apologize for insulting your exsistence as a long time upser by wishing other people well who realized that working for ups is not a good thing in 2010. Sorry dude if i struck a chord.

I just found your post of doom and gloom to be very funny, reminding me of Chicken Little. Did you even read the crap that you wrote?

purplesky

Most drivers at UPS are not laughing. DO YOU READ ALL THE POSTS ON THIS SITE. YES YOU DO. SO WHY PRETEND THINGS ARE FINE AT UPS WHEN THEY ARE NOT. THE IRONY IS THAT YES THE SKY IS FALLING AT UPS BUT YOU SAID IT NOT ME.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do not disagree. You and upstate have very valid viewpoints. I, too, know similar people. I'm not trying to be shallow and disingenuous.

Perhaps what I should have said was ...... Money makes you more of what you already are.

If you are a punk, money makes you a huge punk, if you are a happy person, then more money will make you more happy.

Appears we are in violent agreement. :peaceful:

I agree with your points too. Money tends to amplify tendencies we all have as individuals ... good or bad.

trickpony1

Every word spelled correctly? I think this is the first post I ever understood from the rocket.

Punctuation is important also.
"There's" is a contraction of "there is". "Theres" is not correct in this context.
"....who will be be...." is a bit redundant.
A "period" after "....at 60k a year" would complete a sentence and set the stage for the new sentence, "Former DHL drivers......."

Keep trying rocket.......we know you can do it!!!!

helenofcalifornia

I have been with UPS for 31 years and still enjoy the job most of the time. Yeah, it's hard, especially if you are female and have been at the job that long. Yes, management can take itself a little too seriously at times. But you really only put up with them for 10-15 minutes in the morning. (Honestly, when is the last time you have seen FT management at night when you get in?) And the customers are, for the most part, happy to see me and the UPS truck. I am a glass half full type of person though and don't get pissed off too much. (Though the recent belt-tightening at UPS is getting me a little aggravated. Really, we can't order new replacement clothes for the ones that are torn and ink-stained???? Come on!!!!!!) More power to these people that quit so early in their careers. They recognized that this job would be a problem with them and quit. I just haven't heard of many drivers in my area that actually quit, rather than retire. You always hear a lot of griping, of which 2/3 is the same people who would gripe at anything. Good luck ex-UPSers. I just wish I knew what instigated the mass exodus at one center.

sano

I do not disagree with your post. I think you are right.
However, it did occur to me that you could replace the word money in your post with alcohol and it would be just as true.:happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Punctuation is important also.
"There's" is a contraction of "there is". "Theres" is not correct in this context.
"....who will be be...." is a bit redundant.
A "period" after "....at 60k a year" would complete a sentence and set the stage for the new sentence, "Former DHL drivers......."

Keep trying rocket.......we know you can do it!!!!
LOL, doesn't he even get points for trying? C+ at least?:wink2:

browniehound

Money will provide me with a couple of cocktails and a nice hunk of Prime Rib tonight. Should make me quite happy.

I was going to chime in at the end, but brownmonster's post prompted me to reply now. I agree money isn't everything, but I'm the most happy having a couple of beers, eating a steak or huge hamburger and watching the Master or a baseball game. It takes money to do this, but after this I don't need money to make me happy. What makes me happy is meeting friends at the pub and talking about life.

I'm a simple person and beyond what I need to exist, I have no need for money. I know its nice to not have to worry about money, but anymore than that and it seems people become miserable?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
It's like anything. There are good nights, and nights my father warned me about. Like last Thursday night- Middle of a thunderstorm, I had to break down and make up a set of doubles. And, par for the course, nothing went right, and I got wet. Really wet. Couldn't have gotten wetter if I jumped in a lake. UPS wasn't paying me enough to be out there. But then I remembered the night before-Late quarter moon rising over the pine trees, Orion in west sky, nice set behind tractor, air temp just right, and damn if they don't pay me to be out here. So there are good days and bad days..... Remember the good, and forget the bad!!