4 hour call in pay

Gotham44

I am a M-friend Express courier. If I get called in to work on Saturday and only work 45 minutes, does my 4 hour minumum pay become overtime as well as the 45 minutes I worked? Or do i get straight time for hours not worked

BootsOnTarmac

Yes, as long as it is your sixth day and you worked the previous 5 ( or vacation / floating holiday). You should just get paid the 4 hour minimum overtime even if you worked 0-4 hours. You will not get 4:45 overtime, just 4.
In the US.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes, as long as it is your sixth day and you worked the previous 5 ( or vacation / floating holiday). You should just get paid the 4 hour minimum overtime even if you worked 0-4 hours. You will not get 4:45 overtime, just 4.
In the US.

45 minutes of OT. The 3:15 of PNW is straight time.

Gotham44

Seems some managers here dont know either. My manager only gives straight time call in pay for hours not worked. But when I go to another manager, he corrects it to 4 hours of OT.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano is correct. PNW is paid at straight time.

If it is discovered that someone was incorrectly paid PNW at the OT rate, they will take that money back. And they might even discipline you for not reporting that you were paid more than you were rightfully entitled to get.

MAKAVELI

If it is discovered that someone was incorrectly paid PNW at the OT rate, they will take that money back. And they might even discipline you for not reporting that you were paid more than you were rightfully entitled to get.
In my experience report in pay has always included ot rate when applicable.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yeah, we don't want Fred and Richard to starve now, do we?

MassWineGuy

Do you mean to say that if I work my five weekdays and get called in on Saturday, I’m entitled to four hours of pay if I work less than that? When did this occur?

MAKAVELI

An honest person would look at it of an issue of mistakenly getting something that he's not entitled to have, then there's you.
I'm not mistakenly getting something I'm not supposed to. The way it shows on the pay stub is report in pay at regular rate which is subtracted from my base 40 hours + 4 hours of ot rate for the day. Don't know why it's done this way but the total is what it should be.

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member
^ that’s how driving to/from training is done too. It’s calculated at regular rate, but then your other hours on that day over 8 are calculated as OT.

MAKAVELI

^ that’s how driving to/from training is done too. It’s calculated at regular rate, but then your other hours on that day over 8 are calculated as OT.
As well as physicals. The physical is regular rate but is part of total hours for the day for ot calculation.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
An honest person would look at it of an issue of mistakenly getting something that he's not entitled to have, then there's you.
And you think FedEx is run by honest people?

raw