401K Self managed portion UPS stock

If you don’t invest no you won’t. I was sayin don’t take any dividends from your class A shares until they can pay a bill, For instance, right now UPS stock is trading between $100-$121 depending on the time of year. They pay dividends once per quarter or 4 per year. You would have to have aproximately $10,000 in class a stock to pay a dividend if the corporation pays out a dividend. $1.00 per share of 100 shares will put you at $100.00 at a one dollar dividend. So the more you buy the more it builds. The power in Class A stock is the voting power.
I have one share of UPS and FedEx in my brokerage account. That's all I want

Last edited:

CoolStoryBro

Why not buy UPS stock and use the DESPP and use the self managed account
to buy other stocks?

I do purchase through the DESPP. A very tiny amount every check for many years.

However, in the 401k SMA I've purchased UPS stock several times. Whenever UPS tanks back to below 100 I'll pick up a few thousand $$ in shares. Then I sell when it gets back up near 120$.

Just bought a little bit more in the 401k SMA as the stock price is back in my price range.

However, in the 401k SMA I've purchased UPS stock several times. Whenever UPS tanks back to below 100 I'll pick up a few thousand $$ in shares. Then I sell when it gets back up near 120$.

Just bought a little bit more in the 401k SMA as the stock price is back in my price range.
I do that in my IRA. NO commission on trades

Package Stick

"Send it."

You would be better off buying long OTM options in a brokerage account.

Tomorrow I'm buying 2k worth of UPS Oct 16 2020 $110C. It's like buying 2000 shares. The stock is massively oversold right now.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
2000 shares?
Options, he’s betting the stock will be up above $110 by expiration date, Oct 16. He’s paying a premium of about $2 per contract, each has 100 shares. So basically betting $4000 that it’s above $112/share by that time. It allows you to leverage your money but you pay a premium (Theta) to do that.

If it’s below $112 by options expiration, the 4k goes poof as exercising the option would be paying extra between actual stock price and the contract price, for a stock that’s worth less, so you let the option expire worthless. If it’s above the $112 break even point, he would make what ever the difference is X2000. So if it was $114, he’d make $4000, and so on.

Options, he’s betting the stock will be up above $110 by expiration date, Oct 16. He’s paying a premium of about $2 per contract, each has 100 shares. So basically betting $4000 that it’s above $112/share by that time. It allows you to leverage your money but you pay a premium (Theta) to do that. If it’s below $112 by options expiration, the 4k goes poof as exercising the option would be paying extra between actual stock price and the contract price, for a stock that’s worth less, so you let the option expire worthless.
I didn't read the key word... Options

Thanks Jack

MattM

I saw this a month or two back. Where is the self managed 401k option on prudential.com? It appeared to be an option along with all the other funds. Unless I mis saw that option

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

You would make more if you used FedEx for that approach.
FedEx beta is much higher than UPS.