411 on UPS relationships

FilingBluesFL

Can I still sleep with other hourlys?

My bed is always warm and open to you...

Just remember to bring the Baby oil....

We have two hourlies that are living with each other/might as well be married.

For a while when one was going to get off later than the other, the other would come and help with stops.

Well, one of them pissed off someone in the building, and they started making a stink about "Self-dispatching" and whatnot, and put a stop to it.

My bed is always warm and open to you...

Just remember to bring the Baby oil....

We have two hourlies that are living with each other/might as well be married.

For a while when one was going to get off later than the other, the other would come and help with stops.

Well, one of them pissed off someone in the building, and they started making a stink about "Self-dispatching" and whatnot, and put a stop to it.
I don't know how to put a smiley thing after.
put the two dots or semicolon and one of these)

browndingo

The only restriction is if only one of you works here and you are married the other could not work here. It is not uncommon for two UPSers to date and get married.

This changed recently. UPS is now encouraging employees to refer family members to apply for jobs. They even set up a referral web site. It's called "Jobs for Friends and Family" and you can find links at UPSers.

Above a certain level of management, the restriction is still in place, but for everyone else as long as there is no "conflict of interest" relationships are discouraged but allowed. Thing is, UPS defines "Negative impact on the performance of an employee’s job duties" and "Negative impact on the Company’s business, or other disruption, or an unprofessional
work environment" as conflicts of interest. So, say, loud fights that get carried into work might be a disruption and grounds for reassigning one person.

The policy also says there can't be any real or potential favoritism between people in a relationship. That could come into play even if both are hourly.

[Edited for typo]

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wait a little longer and they'll start offering bounties once the economy gets in full gear and people realize there are better places to work for more money.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Get married and you can get OJS at work and at home. There are so many things you are doing wrong. You just don't know it yet!