4th of July

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Yep sent out blind on this route today; management told me about 20 times how light this route was today but I just spoke to the bid driver and I have 35 more stops then her 9.5 number; oh well when they have to send someone to get my pickups mabye they will figure out thsy cant do that[/QUOTYears

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am new with UPS, just over 30 days now. I work as a package handler on the evening local sort. (Small sort, to be exact). I have to work on the 3rd of July, but the start time is over an hour later than usual (7pm, as opposed to 5:30pm or so on a normal night).

I have a 40 min drive (with no traffic), each way to where I work at for UPS. I was told that I would be off by 10pm each night. If I get my 3.5 hrs in, that would make it 10:30. Is this just a violation of the verbal bull:censored2: given to me by HR? I don't want to drive for an hour and 20 minutes to work for 1 hour and be sent home.

Also, I hear you all talking about being paid for the 4th of July. Does this apply to package handlers as well?

I didn't read through the whole thread, sorry if my questions have been answered already.
It's 4th of July.
You'll get your guarantee tonight.
It's just 1 day a year (or when a holiday is on a Saturday).
Life will get tougher.

werenotthepostoffice

When I was naive enough to actually believe UPS I w
Yep sent out blind on this route today; management told me about 20 times how light this route was today but I just spoke to the bid driver and I have 35 more stops then her 9.5 number; oh well when they have to send someone to get my pickups mabye they will figure out thsy cant do that
If I were out today I would drop anchor. Remember we are hourly,NOT production.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Only one business stop open, the rest closed. 110 resi stops and all pick ups closed and an 8 hr day turned into done by 5 with lunch. Paid an hour to drive home. I always tell people to put in an 8 hr request on days like this. That way, you're safe from the "load up cluster" it becomes.

A lot of senior guys took the day off. I feel bad for all the young cover drivers today. They got hammered bad. It's like management loaded those young runner gunners up with 2 routes of work each.

Always take an 8 hr before a holiday in the summer, I told them.

werenotthepostoffice

Only one business stop open, the rest closed. 110 resi stops and all pick ups closed and an 8 hr day turned into done by 5 with lunch. Paid an hour to drive home. I always tell people to put in an 8 hr request on days like this. That way, you're safe from the "load up cluster" it becomes.

A lot of senior guys took the day off. I feel bad for all the young cover drivers today. They got hammered bad. It's like management loaded those young runner gunners up with 2 routes of work each.

Always take an 8 hr before a holiday in the summer, I told them.
Or just take the day off. If you do neither,BOHICA!