4th of July

705red

Browncafe Steward
Be safe everyone, happy 4th and fyi july 3rd is the 2nd deadliest day of the year with the 4th being the deadliest for driving, please be careful.

DS

Fenderbender
Its a day of independance
sam1.jpg

outta hours

Happy 4th to all Americans today. Everyone at Big Brown enjoy your day off today.:boat: Try not to think about the heavy dispatch due to busted out routes tomorrow and Friday.:scared: When you are overdispatched tomorrow remember the brake is on the left, so slow down. That hangover:wacko: will soon pass and it will be Saturday before you know it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lifer....good one !!!!:)

I tried to "up" your rep. but it wouldn't let me. It says I have to spread it around first.

UPS Lifer

Lifer....good one !!!!:)

I tried to "up" your rep. but it wouldn't let me. It says I have to spread it around first.

Hey! Thanks for trying! You have a great holiday! At least where you are at the weather is temperate , but you do have to deal with the beach crowds. We used to do an annual beach party at Dana Point and the crowds were unbelievable! (but it was so much fun)

I have had this home for 4 years now...we are always up here for all the holidays and by far this is the hottest it has been. I already have the air conditioner running! It is supposed to get up to 106 and we are at 4500 feet! Flagstaff was in the mid 90's yesterday. We will be at the pool today!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bone-in Rib Eyes on the grill, corn on the cob, scalloped potatoes and tossed salad with our first tomato of the season........Grandkids due to arrive shortly after lunchtime today and I'll have them 'til Sunday.

This is a great 4th of July !! :thumbup1:

browniehound

Bone-in Rib Eyes on the grill, corn on the cob, scalloped potatoes and tossed salad with our first tomato of the season........Grandkids due to arrive shortly after lunchtime today and I'll have them 'til Sunday.

This is a great 4th of July !! :thumbup1:

Moreluck, you have tomatos already?? Here in New England we don't pick our first until late August. I assume your growing season must start in April??

As a side note, I love tomatos. My grandfather grew them and taught me everything he knew about growing them when I was a kid. He had some growing "tips" of his own. He used to put manure in a coffee can and mix in some water and then pour it at the base of the plants.

I don't know if this was effective, nor do I know where he got the idea. I do know, however, what he called this "secret potion" of his and I love telling this story to this day because it makes me laugh.

My grandfather was from Italy and he called this stuff "kukalari juice" LOL. Is there anyone in this forum that has heard of kukalari juice??:lol:

CBUK

July 4th is just another day for me. 100 deliveries in North Cambridge and late shift pick ups in Haverhill. All in torential rain as well.

But I'm not bitter..................honest!

Ms Spoken

Ribs on the smoker that have soaked in beer for over 24 hrs. Corn on the cob, beans (loaded the southern way), mac & cheese for the kids and salad.
Then to top it all off home made ice cream and brownies.

At dark we will fire our own fireworks that have been bootleg in. lol

LIFE IS GOOD !!!!

Last edited:

Channahon

Happy 4th everyone. Be safe. And please, if you drink don't drive.

My husband and I will agree as to who gets to drink at a party. Whoever drives to the party, gets to drink and the other drives home. Works for us and it's not as hard as I thought to not drink socially. Actually, makes me feel good that I can contribute to safety on the road, if it's my drive home.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th.

browniehound

:thumbup1:
My husband and I will agree as to who gets to drink at a party. Whoever drives to the party, gets to drink and the other drives home. Works for us and it's not as hard as I thought to not drink socially. Actually, makes me feel good that I can contribute to safety on the road, if it's my drive home.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th.

Problem is not you and your husband Chan. Its the other lunatics on the road this weekend. I usually go out on the 4th, but on December 31st I always stay home. Its kind of a tradition for me (I used to get chinese food and watch the stooges marathon) and it makes me feel safe. I wish my entire family felt the same way.

Anyway Chan, thank you and your husband for being responsible people. If everyone were like you it would be a much safer world.

maybrown

is not a woman
This reminded me one hot day, after carrying a package to a customer apartment, he wanted to offer me a cold beer!

Enjoy your party and thank you for your work to keep this website running!