4yr to 3yr progression

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Nobody that works inside at my building wants to go driving.
Same here. Most just want one 4 hour job with the hopes that it will be what a driver makes at 36 an hour so it’s like having a full time job at 18 an hour, but less work. When I was part time, I waited 7 years because everyone wanted that job. Now, our 6-1 list gets exhausted in one month. And that’s being generous.

PT Car Washer

Do you feel that the progression is the reason the majority of part timers aren’t going full time?
I work in a Hub with hundreds of PT Union members. If I had to guess I would say the majority have 10+ years of seniority and don't want to give that or the PT pension up to start over at the bottom. Just my opinion judging from the PT employees I interact with.

Same here. Most just want one 4 hour job with the hopes that it will be what a driver makes at 36 an hour so it’s like having a full time job at 18 an hour, but less work. When I was part time, I waited 7 years because everyone wanted that job. Now, our 6-1 list gets exhausted in one month. And that’s being generous.
And when they hire someone, they usually don't stick around that long. The ypunyou generation doesn't want to work 10+ hours a day.

wide load

I work in a Hub with hundreds of PT Union members. If I had to guess I would say the majority have 10+ years of seniority and don't want to give that or the PT pension up to start over at the bottom. Just my opinion judging from the PT employees I interact with.
Why would anyone have to give up your part time pension?

Why would anyone have to give up your part time pension?
I thing he’s saying, they forfeit the pt pension (years of service) requirements for retiring. And start over on the ft (years of service) requirement. Which is usually half their pt years.

wide load

I thing he’s saying, they forfeit the pt pension (years of service) requirements for retiring. And start over on the ft (years of service) requirement. Which is usually half their pt years.
Horrible. Ours is the same plan. You get what’s put in. Half credit for pt, full credit for ft. So my first 7 pt years is like 3.5 full time.

Horrible. Ours is the same plan. You get what’s put in. Half credit for pt, full credit for ft. So my first 7 pt years is like 3.5 full time.
In reality (because of your age) you get 1.5 years pt and 2 years ft. For every year of service.

It's two different checks.you would get whatever 16 years part time would get plus whatever full time years you worked. It's definitely less money than if they was all full time years
I understand that it’s 2 different pensions. Is there no years of service conversation from pt to ft!

No conversion. It just counts for your peers 80 or whatever number you need to get out.
Nice....that could be part of your pensions problem. One could get 20+ years towards retirement without participating in the plan.

You are also penalized 6% a year for every year under 65 unless you have at least 25 years in. Some guys with a lot of PT years in before going FT are finding out they could have stayed PT and retired with a bigger pension earlier.
Your pension doesn’t have an early retirement program?