5 Seeing Habits, 10 point commentary

Well, Ive learned the 5 and 10 point commentary are serious enough to be sent home to not knowing it VERBATIM. Every "and', "the", "vehicle", every single word verbatim! No joke! They started with the 10 point commentary and some did not make it to the five seeing habits. They sent them home. #unbelievable.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well, Ive learned the 5 and 10 point commentary are serious enough to be sent home to not knowing it VERBATIM. Every "and', "the", "vehicle", every single word verbatim! No joke! They started with the 10 point commentary and some did not make it to the five seeing habits. They sent them home. #unbelievable.
It's important to know and be able to demonstrate the 5 and 10, but it is ridiculously stupid to disqualify someone from driving for not knowing them word for word. Probably 99% of drivers don't follow all the 5 and 10 while on road anyways.

boxthrower

The company poem has been abandoned in my center. Once was quizzed and didn't get 100% and was told to go home and not come back till I could get 100%.. Best week off with pay ever! That was until after I grieved it of course.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Leave one car lenght when stopped in traffic..

Look left, right, left at intersection..

Count 123 before pulling out at intersection..

4-6 second following distance under 30, 6-8 over 30

Check mirrors every 5 seconds

Scan steering wheels for signs of life

Stale green lights

8-12 second eye lead time

Look over left shoulder when pulling from curb

Make sure they see you

I think that is it, I'm sure it isn't word for word.. But that version passed the Ketter audit..
Does UPS still utilize the 10-point Commentary outlined above?

trickpony1

None of his flashcards said:
-run like a scalded ape;
-maintain the prescribed SPORH;
-work through meals/breaks or;
-get to work an hour early and sort your load.

MNupsguy

Do you need to know every word of the 5s and 10s? For example, do I have to remember “Aim high in steering” or “Aim high in steering - imaginary target- baseball/dart board. Centers car in traffic lane. Safe path on turns. “Find a safe path well ahead””

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Do you need to know every word of the 5s and 10s? For example, do I have to remember “Aim high in steering” or “Aim high in steering - imaginary target- baseball/dart board. Centers car in traffic lane. Safe path on turns. “Find a safe path well ahead””
Memorize it all.