50 Years Ago

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm glad we don't have this any longer!

Cops beating a Black man.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
My question is, are race relations better or worse than this time period? I wasn’t around to know.
As we see from @MAKAVELI's posts, Blacks do not hesitate to see racism everywhere.

Albeit from a cartoonist from Melbourne Australia, this cartoon makes you wonder about the perceptions of Blacks in America in the minds of others.
Controversial cartoon depicts Serena Williams as 'angry black woman
- Yahoo Article (Hey @bbsam, this is a link ^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
The image has gone viral after being circulated by the cartoonist who created it, Mark Knight, whose depiction of Williams as a supersized, stereotypical “angry black woman” and the Haitian-Japanese Osaka as a white woman with blond hair has been roundly slammed as racially insensitive and offensive.

While Williams is drawn as a furious, overly bulky woman caught midtantrum — evoking a number of racial stereotypes — her opponent has been transformed into a slim Gwyneth Paltrow type.

DmtUvwfU0AAgMYg.jpg

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
As we see from @MAKAVELI's posts, Blacks do not hesitate to see racism everywhere.

Albeit from a cartoonist from Melbourne Australia, this cartoon makes you wonder about the perceptions of Blacks in America in the minds of others.
The image has gone viral after being circulated by the cartoonist who created it, Mark Knight, whose depiction of Williams as a supersized, stereotypical “angry black woman” and the Haitian-Japanese Osaka as a white woman with blond hair has been roundly slammed as racially insensitive and offensive.

While Williams is drawn as a furious, overly bulky woman caught midtantrum — evoking a number of racial stereotypes — her opponent has been transformed into a slim Gwyneth Paltrow type.

DmtUvwfU0AAgMYg.jpg

Looks funny with a lot of truth to it.

MAKAVELI

DmtUvwfU0AAgMYg.jpg
You might want to ask the Aborigines.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The takeaway is it doesn't matter how successful or not successful you are, a n* will always be a n* in this racist world. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, old man.
Naw Sur, datsum bad:censored2: ... maybe iffinit wuz sumgut:censored2:!

That's OK, your generation will die off with your out of date backward-looking cultural bias.
My grandson had a High School graduation pool party at our house and he invited 6 of his friends over
and 2 were White, 3 were Black and 1 was Asian.
They all talked the same, ate the same foods and listened to the same music.
That generation will replace you and me with our outdated ways of looking at things.

rod

Retired 22 years

That's OK, your generation will die off with your out of date backward-looking cultural bias.
My grandson had a High School graduation pool party at our house and he invited 6 of his friends over
That generation will replace you and me with our outdated ways of looking at things.

When I visit my grandkids schools in Texas its like walking into the United Nations. I've followed their progress in school for six years now since day one and I've never seen any signs of racism amongst the kids. While the adults tend to gather in their own little groups the kids don't give a rats ass what color their friends are.

vantexan

My new just graduated from college. I see a lot of people respond to his posts on Facebook in a very friendly way, including Blacks. Nice to see.

rickyb

everyone will be on the plantation in the future.